- Course Fee: Special Offer price Now only: €250.00
- Course fee includes all documentation, lecturing, supervised exams, learner registration and FETAC certification fees. No other fees to pay.
- FETAC Level 5 component Certificate in Care Skills (D20163).
- The course includes 3 Full Day workshops supported by substantial course materials accredited by: FETAC.
- The next course will be run in July 10th, 17th & 24th.
- Course Locations: Leopardstown, Co. Dublin.
A booking deposit of €85 is payable to secure your place with the remaining amount payable before the course commences. This €85 is fully refundable if the course does not commence due to a low number of participants.
Enrol for this course online now with your Credit or Debit Card.
Enrol over the phone by contacting us on 01 206 1828»
Who should complete this course?
- Learners who wish to gain a FETAC credit in Care Skills at Level 5.
- Learners who wish to complete the FETAC Level 5 Healthcare Support Major award - DHSXX. This module is a mandatory component as part of this Major award.
Learners who successfully complete this course will:
- recognise the personal care needs of clients
- respond effectively to clients’ individual needs, with their involvement and use of choice
- acquire practical skills in the area of client personal care
- maintain a safe, healthy and hygienic environment for clients.
Students receive a comprehensive Course Manual, Assignments, Efficient Studyguide, and unlimited one-to-one Tutor Support for the course duration. The course documentation for this FETAC certified course is detailed and easy to read.
Topics covered include:
- Understanding Client Care
- Using Equipment
- Assisting Skills.
Preferred entry level:
- Level 4 Certificate, Leaving Certificate or equivalent qualifications and/or relevant life and work experiences.
Programme Entry Requirements:
- Students must be working or on work experience in the Healthcare Sector throughout their course as assignments will require learners to draw upon practical experience.
Skills Demonstration 60%
Assignments (2) 40%
In one or more skills demonstrations, candidates will be assessed in a broad range of practical skills. Candidates will be assessed completing a minimum of three practical tasks, with reference to the following elements:
- Preparation and Implementation
- Health and Safety Provision.
To demonstrate these skills learners, if not working in this area, will need to have access to independent verifiable working experience of not less than 40 hours.
- The internal assessor will devise two briefs that require candidates to produce evidence demonstrating an understanding and application of a range of specific learning outcomes. Each assignment should focus on an aspect of client care, during a six week minimum period of work experience in a health care setting.
Click here for more information.
- Following successful completion you will receive a FETAC Level 5 component Certificate in Care Skills (D20163).
- The Further Education and Training Awards Council (FETAC) is the national awarding body for further education and training in Ireland. The Open College is registered with FETAC to offer programmes leading to FETAC awards in the National Framework of Qualifications in Ireland. Click here for details of the National Framework of Qualifications.
- Click here for more detailed Accreditation information.