Click below to securely Enrol online with your Credit or Debit Card.
- Course Fee: Special Offer price Now only: €249.50
- FETAC Level 6 component Certificate in Customer Service (D30151).
- Distance Learning home study course accredited by: FETAC.
- There are no lectures to attend, and all course materials are provided.
- Students can complete this course within 3 months which is ample time and can start it at any time of the year that is convenient. If students need to extend this period for any reason during or near the end of the course they can request an extension through the college.
Enrol over the phone by contacting us on 01 206 1828»
Who should complete this course?
- Anyone who works in a customer service role including telephone support, retail or remote support.
- Anyone who wishes to gain an accredited qualification in customer service.
- People who wish to gain a professional, accredited qualification in customer service by home-study.
The purpose of the module is to enable the learner gain an in-depth understanding of the customer service function within an organisation and to develop effective customer service skills.
Learners who successfully complete this module will:
- appreciate the importance of the customer to an organisation
- understand the role and responsibilities of the frontline representative of an organisation
- understand the team work necessary to meet customer needs and expectations
- be familiar with relevant legislation
- develop a customer oriented quality service consistent with best practice and standards.
This distance learning, FETAC accredited course means that Students can study flexibly at home, or at any convenient place and time, and can gain a nationally accredited Qualification.
Students receive a comprehensive Course Manual, Assignments, Efficient Studyguide, and unlimited one-to-one Tutor Support for the course duration. The course documentation for this FETAC certified course is detailed and easy to read. If students require extra time to complete the course they may apply for an extension.
Topics covered include:
- Organisations and their Customers
- Targeting the Customer
- Principles of Customer Service
- Customer Contact Skills
- Setting and Monitoring Customer Service Standards
- Consumer Protection
- Specialist Option
- Developing a Customer Service Programme for Staff.
Preferred entry level
Level 5 Certificate or equivalent qualification and/or relevant life and work experiences. Learners are expected to be proficient at reading, drafting, preparing and understanding information across a broad range of topics, including quantitative information for a Level 5 award and more complex information for Level 6 award.
As this programme is delivered through distance learning, students must be capable of studying on their own initiative.
Programme Entry Requirements
If you take this course by distance learning the course material will be posted to you. You can complete and return assignments/projects which must be typed rather than handwritten either by post or by email.
If you take this course by eLearning you will need basic IT skills and have access to broadband.
The internal assessor will devise a project brief that requires candidates to demonstrate their:
- demonstrate their ability to analyse, evaluate, draw conclusions and made recommendations
- understanding of the process of setting and monitoring
- customer service standards
The internal assessor will devise two briefs that require candidates to produce evidence that demonstrates understanding and application of a range of specific learning outcomes.
As part of our quality assurance, student assessment work will be marked by an Internal Assessor, validated by a Verifier with an independent FETAC External Authenticator to complete the process.
All work submitted must be your own work. There is no exam with this course.
Progression to further Studies
- This course leads to a Level 6 award on the National Framework of Qualifications.
- It is a mandatory module for the Level 6 Advanced Certificate in International Teleservices and the standard to be achieved to gain a FETAC credit in Customer Service at Level 6
- Following successful completion you will receive a FETAC Level 6 component Certificate in Customer Service (D30151) from FETAC.
- The Further Education and Training Awards Council (FETAC) is the national awarding body for further education and training in Ireland. The Open College is registered with FETAC to offer programmes leading to FETAC awards in the National Framework of Qualifications in Ireland. Click here for details of the National Framework of Qualifications.
- Click here for more detailed Accreditation information.
- There is a €85 registration fee payable to include administration, moderation and accreditation.