Work Experience (QQI Level 6)
— or €148.00 / month for 2 months
- Award Achieved: QQI Level 6 component Certificate in Work Experience (6N1946).
- NFQ Credit Value: 15 Credits.
- Format: Distance Learning course supported with fully qualified tutors & accredited by QQI.
- Course Fee: Special Offer price: Only – €295.00 or
- Easy Payments: Only €148 per month over 2 months with our unrivalled Easy Payment Plans.
- Course fee includes all documentation, lecturing, assessments, learner registration and QQI certification fees. No other fees to pay!
- Students can complete this course within 12 weeks which is ample time and can start it at any time of the year that is convenient.
- No classes to attend.
On this QQI Level 6 Work Experience module the learner will learn how to plan their work schedule, learn how to communicate effectively with all in the workplace, deal with equality and to fully understand and co-operate with Health and Safety in the workplace.
They will be able to reflect on their experiences, challenges and positive experiences.
They will learn to understand the rights and responsibilities of both the employers and employees and the need to maintain appropriate confidentiality at all times.
It will also develop new skills from the ongoing experiences and will be able to identify the key issues that influence the workplace and will learn how to adapt to new challenges or changes that occur.
It also teaches how to evaluate their employment opportunities which will include a review of their career and thus ensuring that all particular skills, knowledge and experiences are fully captured and up to date.
Learners who successfully complete this course will:
- develop critical awareness of the changing nature of work
- set achievable goals for work experience
- utilise learning opportunities presented in the work environment
- apply work skills to consolidate learning in the vocational area
- understand how work is planned and organised at different levels in a specific vocational area
- appreciate the importance of safety and welfare in the workplace
- develop capabilities, both personal and vocational, to successfully meet challenges in the workplace
- review career choices in the light of their own aspirations, experience, abilities and available options
- explore future employment opportunities (including opportunities for self employment, contract work, work in the social economy etc.).
This distance learning, QQI accredited course means that Students can study flexibly at home, or at any convenient place and time, and can gain a nationally accredited Qualification.
Students receive a comprehensive Course Manual, Assignments, Efficient Studyguide, and unlimited one-to-one Tutor Support for the course duration. The course documentation for this QQI certified course is detailed and easy to read.
- Learners undertaking Placement or Practice modes of work experience must work the equivalent of 150 hours minimum over the duration of the module. The minimum hours must be completed in the placement or practice situation and can be made up of current relevant work, paid or unpaid. Some specific certificate areas may require learners to undertake a more extensive period of work experience.
Entry Requirements / Prerequisites
- Level 5 Certificate or equivalent, or relevant life/work experience.
- As this programme is delivered through distance learning or eLearning, students must be capable of studying on their own initiative.
- If you take this course by eLearning you will need basic IT skills and have access to broadband.
- For more details on participation suitability of this course click here».
Portfolio/Collection of Work 60%
Skills Demonstration 40%
Portfolio/Collection of Work:
A portfolio or collection of work written over a period of time on a work experience in a particular vocational area for example Childcare. It would involve planning, identifying goals, issues and challenges encountered, communications effectively and maintaining a work diary. Finally it would involve an evaluation of the students own performance.
A workplace skills demonstration based on a Supervisors Report and Reflection diaries. The learner will be required to complete a task or a series of tasks that demonstrate a range of skills within the vocational area of study. The learner will also be expected to reflect on the Supervisors Report and explore the skills required to do the job.
- Following successful completion you will receive a QQI Level 6 component Certificate in Work Experience (6N1946).
- QQI (Quality & Qualifications Ireland) is the national awarding body for further education and training in Ireland. The Open College is registered with QQI to offer programmes leading to QQI awards in the National Framework of Qualifications in Ireland. Click here for details of the National Framework of Qualifications.
- Click here for more detailed Accreditation information.
- All Registration & Certification Fees are included in the course price. No other fees to pay.
This Work Experience 6N1946 (QQI Level 6) course is completed through Distance Learning and there are no lectures to attend.
Students can complete this course within 12 Weeks which is ample time and can start it at any time of the year that is convenient. If students need to extend this period for any reason during or near the end of the course they can request an extension through the college.