Train the Trainer – Dublin (QQI Lvl 6) – Classroom
- The purpose of this QQI accredited Train the Trainer (Training Delivery and Evaluation) award is to develop an understanding of the methodologies and processes available to approach Training Delivery and Evaluation. We will do this by equipping the learner with the knowledge, skill and competence in Training Delivery and Evaluation through planning, design, delivery, assessment and evaluation.
- What QQI award do I receive? On successful completion you will gain a QQI Level 6 component Certificate in Training Delivery and Evaluation (6N3326).
- NFQ Credit Value: 15 credits.
- How is it delivered? Classroom attendance over 4 Days. 1 day per week Dublin.
- How big are your Classes? All our Train the Trainer classroom courses are limited to a maximum of 10 participants to ensure high quality support and adequate one-to-one tuition so book early to avoid disappointment.
- What does it cost? The full course fee is €475 and includes all documentation, lecturing, assessments, learner registration and QQI certification fees. No other enrolment fees to pay!
- New dates for September 2020 TBC. – See “Locations & Dates” for more.
The purpose of this QQI accredited Train the Trainer (Training Delivery and Evaluation) 6N3326 award is to develop an understanding of the methodologies and processes available to approach Training Delivery and Evaluation. We will do this by equipping the learner with the knowledge, skill and competence in Training Delivery and Evaluation through planning, design, delivery, assessment and evaluation.
Specifically the programme covers the concepts and theories of delivery and evaluation and understand how this is applied to ensure effectiveness of a training session. We will explore the legislation associated with ensuring equality and fairness for all trainees regardless of their ethnic background or disability.
We will also take a look at evaluation models, approaches, techniques and tools as well as a range of training aids and will explore how to approach the provision of constructive feedback to participants as well as specialised training delivery and evaluation skills. Finally we will review the training evaluation process.
This new and very detailed course is now delivered through 4 full day workshops that are conducted in Leopardstown, Dublin 18.
Learners have a qualified and experienced Tutor/ Lecturer whose role is to deliver the course, and provide you with support throughout the duration of the programme. The Open College is registered with QQI to offer programmes leading to QQI awards on the National Framework of Qualifications in Ireland.
This is the replacement award for the old Train the Trainer award and is the first component award/module of our Training & Development Special Purpose Award (6S3372).
Flexible Training Solutions for Employees and Employers:
The Open College offers the training in a flexible manner to suit both the needs of the Learner and/or the employer. Courses can be delivered in a variety of ways some of which are:
Part-time mornings, Part-time evenings, Saturdays, Day Release – one day per week, Block release, Distance Learning or Online eLearning.
We also deliver this new Train the Trainer award on-site at employers/company locations.
Unit 1: The Theory of Training and Evaluation of Learning
All too often the emphasis on the delivery out weights the importance of evaluation of training within organisations. You will see in this unit how it is as important as effective delivery.
- Adult Learning Principles and Theories
- Effective Training Delivery Theories and Techniques
- Objectives of Training Evaluation for Adults.
Unit 2: The Role of the Trainer
This unit will look at the delivery of a training session, the interaction of the trainer with the group of trainees and how an understating of how adults learn and work within groups can be exploited to design the best approach to training delivery. We will look at communications and how we use elements of speech, body language, facial expression and other channels to both deliver and receive feedback from our audience.
- Theories of Group Dynamics
- Training Delivery Planning and Preparation
- Effective Training Delivery
- Effective Feedback.
Unit 3: Legislation
Within this module we will look at relevant legislation as it applies to diversity within a training environment and how best to put this into practice.
- Understand the legislation around – The Employment Equality Act 1998, The National Disability Authority Act 1999 & The Equal Status Act 2000
- Managing diversity within a training environment.
Unit 4: Programme Design and Delivery
Delving into the detail of evaluation models, approaches, tools and techniques, used in the evaluation and monitoring of training.
- Instruction Design Models
- Using IT Technologies as part of your evaluation platform.
Unit 5: Methods of Assessment
Following the completion of a Training Needs Analysis (TNA) you will have amassed significant detail around the gap in knowledge, skills and attitudes for your learners. The data collected will be valuable in providing the basis for the content to be delivered. We will look at:
- Content design Users Guides, User Manuals, Slides, Cheat Sheet etc.
- Delivery mediums and materials planning, choosing, and developing
- Deciding on the most appropriate Training Aids and how and when to use them
- Assessing the effectiveness of your training delivery
- Evaluating the training session.
Unit 6: Evaluation of Training
- Identifying Key Performance Indicators KPI’s at the outset of the training and establishing and capturing supporting data
- Interpreting performance data to determine if training needs were met and objectives fulfilled
- Obtaining impartial feedback and verifying the integrity of the data
- Reporting on Return on Investment for Key Stakeholders
- Gathering appropriate data to support evaluation assumptions
- Interpreting and presenting your findings and measurements against the organisations goals
- Report writing, how to compile a report and use appropriate tables and illustrations
Who should complete this QQI course?
- Those who have commenced a career in Training and Education, and who would like to receive an approved National Qualification.
- Those who wish to become a certified trainer.
- Those involved in training administration, delivery, design or assessment.
- Trainers who want to deliver training for National Training organisations – SOLAS, ETB’s etc.
- Training and HR personnel in large organisations.
Entry Requirements / Prerequisites:
Level 5 certificate or equivalent in a relevant subject area (Business or Training) and/or relevant practical experience (3 years minimum) – Please ask about our requirements surrounding Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) for entry.
Mature students (over 23 years) may be exempt from the above prerequisites.
English Language Requirement: Students entering programmes leading to awards at Level 6 are expected to be able to: fluently read, draft, prepare and understand complex information, including quantitative information, that is personally relevant and reflecting a broad knowledge base. For example, this might include text and other information relating to abstract theoretical ideas, concerns or procedures, such as local planning concerns in relation to broader spatial strategy, political issues in relation to particular agenda, budget plans/ specifications.
All students will be required to record their oral presentations on video so the tutor can review your presentation style and provide better feedback.
For more details on participation suitability of this course click here».
- This Programme is assessed through completion of a Project (40%), Skills Demonstration (40%) and a Learner Record (20%).
- As part of our quality assurance, assessment work will be marked by an Internal Assessor, then checked by an Internal Verifier and an independent QQI External Authenticator.
Siobhan is a Soft Skills Training Consultant who has been delivering communication courses over the last 8 years. As a softskills trainer she has delivered Train the Trainer, Effective Communication, Customer Service, Selling Techniques, Management Development and many more. Siobhan has a great passion for delivering training and therefore she scores very highly on her Evaluation.
Siobhan holds a Bachelor of Business Studies in Marketing Management, Diploma in Languages & Marketing and a Certificate in Continuing Adult Education. She has worked in several large multi-national companies such as Oracle and Stream Global Services. Whilst working for Stream Global she was project lead on a number of Training Projects where she designed, implemented and delivered many soft skills training programmes across EMEA. Her creative, energetic and interactive delivery style provides her courses with variety and pace, which makes the atmosphere conducive to retentive learning. Her belief is ‘learn by doing’ and she ensures to implement a strong practical element into her training.
Lorraine is a Business Trainer who has been delivering training for the past 7 years. She has delivered courses all over the country. As part of her range of courses, she delivers, Train the Trainer, Business Planning, Supervisory Management, Conflict Management, Project Management, Event Management and Managing People, Creating ICT Resources using the internet, Getting started with your laptop and digital projector, Introduction to the interactive whiteboard and basic computer skills.
Lorraine holds an Honours Bachelor degree in Business Studies, specialising in Human Resource Management, A Diploma in Accountancy and a Certificate in Business studies, a Honours Higher Diploma in Education and Fetac Train the Trainer.
Lorraine teaches learners to develop a love for their subject matter. Feedback on her delivery states she is a very approachable, helpful tutor who uses a wide variety of techniques to enhance learner interest and retention of knowledge.
Selection of Testimonials:
“Excellent Facilities in Leopardstown. Richard is an excellent trainer. His training style is very relaxed and will be an excellent role model for anyone wishing to become a trainer. Overall very happy with how the course went!”
“Would recommend this Open College course and trainer. All were very helpful and I will be able to take back training to working life. Trainer was excellent, great practical and real world experience.”
“Thought the Train the Trainer course was excellent and I have really enjoyed the last four weeks It definitely works better spreading out the days over 4 weeks rather than four consecutive days. Everyone was encouraged to participate equally, I enjoyed it!”
“I have already improved my knowledge in designing and planning training and in the delivery and evaluation. The trainer encouraged between all the class, there was a very comfortable atmosphere and we were all working together to achieve our target. I have already recommended this course to my friends. Thank You!”
“Course and Tutor – 10 out of 10. Tutor was there before class and after class and on email if you had any problems, great support. Great location and so easy to get to. Also great being able to do the course one day a week!”
George Adams D.G.S.A –
"Just completed the ‘Train The Trainer’ course with Siobhan Murphy and The Open College team. I must say, i have completed many courses in my 35 years in business and this was one if not the most enjoyable course i have attended or for that matter given.Thank you so much and best of luck for the future. hope to see you again for the next level.."
"I really enjoyed this course, I was very nervous about presenting & Lorraine our tutor really helped me with. I can’t fault any of the course – 10 out of 10."
“Great training environment, our tutor was very engaging, knowledgeable, helpful and friendly. Fantastic hand-outs & training materials and also great to have them available on the online platform.”
“I found the course very useful, relevant and done in a way that was friendly and more casual, which helped me to remember more information. The trainer Lorraine was really frien…dly + approachable and really made the course more enjoyable. She was free to talk to students on a 1-2-1 basis if needed. The course content was also related back to our individual fields which helped me to realise how to apply the learning. 10 out of 10 and would definitely recommend this to my friends.”
“Communication was very effective throughout and delivered by powerpoint, by talking, by exchanging opinions and by doing. Really useful learning and ready to put into action.”
“Our Train the Trainer tutor Lorraine is very knowledgeable in her field. She made the course fun and enjoyable and she put the whole group at ease from day 1. I wish the course was longer – only because I enjoyed it so much. Training rooms were very bright, lots of natural light and very comfortable. I would recommend this course and The Open College to anyone.”
“Communication on this Train the Trainer course was excellent both in class and between sessions with our tutor answering questions during the week. I thought the course was well structured and Lorraine was an excellent tutor and I feel fully confident now to give presentations in my own sector and even in a new topic.”
- Following successful completion you will receive a QQI Level 6 Training Delivery and Evaluation component Certificate (6N3326).
- QQI (Quality & Qualifications Ireland) is the national awarding body for further education and training in Ireland. The Open College is registered with QQI to offer programmes leading to QQI awards in the National Framework of Qualifications in Ireland. Click here for details of the National Framework of Qualifications.
- Click here for more detailed Accreditation information.
Updated: 06/08/20. – New Dates for September / October 2020 to be announced
This Train the Trainer 6N3326 (QQI Level 6) – is completed through 4 days of Attendance learning in Dublin.
Courses will be run over the following dates:
- Option 1: Midweek (Wednesday’s) –
- Option 2: Weekend (Saturday’s) –
Please note: In some instances the Train the Trainer courses may not start due to limited attendance numbers. Learners enrolled will be informed a week in advance of a course not running.
Some of the many benefits of studying with us on this course:
- Full Tutor Support accredited by: QQI.
- Quality – Our Trainers have delivered this course to over 1,500 learners with 99% pass rates.
- Small Class Sizes.
- Pricing – Our Prices can’t be beaten – Why Pay more for the same QQI Award!
- We only offer QQI awards thus ensuring high Quality and Standards.
- Group Discounts Available. Ask for Details.