Creche Management (Adv. Major Award – QQI Level 6)
€1,199.00 — or €125.00 / month for 10 months
- Course Fee: €1,199
- This course fee includes all documentation, lecturing, assessments, exam fees, learner registration and QQI certification fees. No other fees to pay.
- Award: QQI Level 6 Advanced Major Award in Management – 6M4587.
- Format: Distance Learning course supported with fully qualified tutors & accredited by QQI.
- Students can complete this course within 15 months which is ample time and can start it at any time of the year that is convenient.
- New Easy Payments Special Offer – €125 per month over 10 months with our unrivalled Easy Payment Plans.
Who should complete this course?
This Course in Crèche/Nursery Management is designed for people who are in management or supervisory positions in day-care situations, or for those who wish to prepare themselves for promotion to such positions or even those preparing to set up their own Crèche.
This course equips Managers including those new to Management with comprehensive skills in the management of people, resources and activities. The course is based around eight sought after and highly practical modules.
Aims of this Programme:
- To ensure that the management/supervisory worker gains a firm grasp of general management theory as well as understanding its practical application in the childcare setting.
- Serve as a framework in which learners can acquire the skills, knowledge and understanding necessary to be competent in management/supervisory positions.
- Give opportunities for the management/supervisory worker or trainee to demonstrate complete competence.
- Promote good practice in childcare management and supervisory practice.
Students who successfully complete this Major Award can use this certificate as the basis for entry to selected courses in Third Level Colleges and Universities. See below for further details.
Some of the many benefits of studying with us on this course:
- Range: Excellent choice of modules to choose from.
- Pricing: Our Prices are the most competitive – Why Pay more for the same QQI Award!
- All student fees for this Major Award are fully secured and protected by a Bank Guarantee.
- Interest Free Easy Payment Plan available with this course.
- Study at your own time and pace.
- No classes to attend.
- We only offer QQI awards thus ensuring high Quality and Standards.
- Group Discounts Available: Enrol 2 + people together for €1,104 per learner (a further discount of 5% per person on the existing Introductory offer price).
Requirement in credit value is 120
Mandatory QQI Modules (15 credits each):
- Business Management (6N4310) – Click here for details »
- Business Law (6N4045) – Click here for details »
- Business Planning (6N4105) – Click here for details »
- Customer Service (6N0697) – Click here for details »
- Employment Law (6N4322) – Click here for details »
- Finance (6N4165) – Click here for details »
- Human Resources Management (6N3750) – Click here for details »
- Personal and Professional Development (6N1949) – Click here for details »
Additional Modules covered (Non QQI):
- Childminding Guidelines
- Childcare Regulations.
Entry Requirements / Prerequisites:
Level 5 Award or equivalent in a relevant subject area (Business, Management or Childcare Management) and/or relevant practical experience (3 years minimum) – Please ask about our requirements surrounding Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) for entry.
Students must currently be working (or on work experience) in the Business or Childcare sector for a minimum of 6 hours per week (150 hours minimum), throughout the course, as assignments will require learners to draw upon practical experience.
As part of the assessment for the Personal & Professional Development module, learners are required to complete a skills demonstration. This skills demonstration can be carried out in the work placement or other appropriate professional work placement. You will not need to complete a separate work placement if you are either employed, or have to undertake a work placement for another module.
English Language Requirement: Students entering programmes leading to awards at Level 6 are expected to be able to: fluently read, draft, prepare and understand complex information, including quantitative information, that is personally relevant and reflecting a broad knowledge base. For example, this might include text and other information relating to abstract theoretical ideas, concerns or procedures, such as local planning concerns in relation to broader spatial strategy, political issues in relation to particular agenda, budget plans/ specifications.
Garda Vetting is required for all Childcare placements and students can apply for this through The Open College. Please ask for details.
Certain assessments require completion of work, which must be observed and evaluated by a Supervisor or Line manager.
Learners undertaking this programme must have basic IT skills and access to the necessary equipment to enable them to undertake an online programme: computer, broadband, email, Microsoft, recording equipment necessary for some skills demonstration tasks, and where applicable any other specialised software/equipment.
As this programme is delivered through distance learning or eLearning, students must be capable of studying on their own initiative.
For more details on participation suitability of this course click here».
Progression to further Studies:
- This course leads to a level 6 award on the National Framework of Qualifications.
Students who successfully complete this programme may use their credits towards completing a higher level of study in the area of Business/Management.
- Students who successfully complete this Major Award can use the Certificate as the basis for entry into selected courses in Third Level Colleges and Universities.
- Click here to download a pdf version of – Progression from QQI Level 5 Certificates and Level 6 Advanced Certificates to Higher Education Courses.
- A combination of module appropriate assessment procedures will facilitate the assessment of learning outcomes of the course. These methods will include assessment processes such as Exams, assignments, collection of work, learner records, projects and skills demonstration. All assignments will be designed to maximize student skills in their career development. All work submitted must be your own work.
- As part of our quality assurance, student assessment work will be marked by an Internal Assessor, validated by a Verifier with an independent QQI External Authenticator to complete the process.
Protection for Learners on this Childcare Level 6 Major Award:
As a course provider our policy on the protection for learners is subject to Section 43 of the Qualifications Act. This means that if, for whatever reason, we cease to provide the programme that is over 3 months in duration which you enrolled for, we have specific and legally binding arrangements in place to finish out that programme for you at no extra cost. All course fees for programmes over 3 months in duration are fully protected and secured by a Bank Guarantee.
If we cease trading those learners who have not finished their programme will be fully protected by this Bank Guarantee which will be automatically triggered and the fund that covers all Fees paid by learners will be transferred to QQI by our Bank to enable QQI provide further study options for these learners or the refund of fees most recently paid so that they can complete their programme and all of this will be at no extra cost to the learners affected.
- Following successful completion you will receive a QQI Advanced Level 6 Major award in Management – 6M4587.
- QQI (Quality & Qualifications Ireland) is the national awarding body for further education and training in Ireland. The Open College is registered with QQI to offer programmes leading to QQI awards in the National Framework of Qualifications in Ireland. Click here for details of the National Framework of Qualifications.
- Click here for more detailed Accreditation information.
This Advanced Major Award in Management – QQI Level 6 (6M4587) course is completed through Distance Learning Course and there are no lectures to attend.
Students can complete this course within 15 months which is ample time and can start it at any time of the year that is convenient. If students need to extend this period for any reason during or near the end of the course they can request an extension through the college.