Early Learning Environment (Montessori Practical Life & Sensorial)
€345.00 — or €148.00 / month for 2 months
- Award Achieved: QQI Level 6 component Certificate in Early Learning Environment (6N1933).
- NFQ Credit Value: 15 credits.
- Format: Distance Learning course supported with fully qualified tutors & accredited by QQI.
- Course Fee: Special Offer price: Only – €295.00 or
- Easy Payments: Only €148 per month over 2 months with our unrivalled Easy Payment Plans. Enrol using your Debit / Credit Card or call us on (+353) 1 206 1828 to avail of this offer.
- Course fee includes all documentation, lecturing, assessments, learner registration and QQI certification fees. No other fees to pay!
- Students can complete this course within 8 weeks which is ample time and can start it at any time of the year that is convenient.
- Student work placement Insurance covered at no extra cost.
- Garda Vetting Provided.
- No classes to attend.
The purpose of this QQI Early Learning Environment (Montessori Practical Life & Sensorial) award is to equip the learner with the necessary knowledge to implement an appropriate ECCE environment that encourages and supports the holistic learning of the child.
The learner will gain the relevant skills and competencies to ensure that the environment is developed and maintained to the highest standard.
Learners will study details of the elements of the prepared environment, the underpinning theories and concepts and the role of the Montessori teacher in delivering appropriate routines for the children. The learners will be equipped with the knowledge and skills to develop and stimulate the Children’s senses and needs through their environment.
Topics covered include:
- The Prepared Environment – Key Principles of the Prepared Environment
- Development Theories
- Cultural Influence on Child Development
- Introduction to Theories Of Learning
- Behavioural Management
- Movement and Co-Ordination
- Language and Creativity
- Montessori Exercises.
Entry Requirements / Prerequisites:
Level 5 Award or equivalent in a relevant subject area (Childcare) and/or relevant practical experience (3 years minimum) – Please ask about our requirements surrounding Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) for entry.
Mature students (over 23 years) may be exempt from the above prerequisites.
Students must currently be working (or on work experience) in the Childcare sector for a minimum of 6 hours per week (30 hours minimum), in a Montessori Environment throughout the course, as assignments will require learners to draw upon practical experience using Montessori Philosophies and Montessori Materials.
English Language Requirement: Students entering programmes leading to awards at Level 6 are expected to be able to: fluently read, draft, prepare and understand complex information, including quantitative information, that is personally relevant and reflecting a broad knowledge base. For example, this might include text and other information relating to abstract theoretical ideas, concerns or procedures, such as local planning concerns in relation to broader spatial strategy, political issues in relation to particular agenda, budget plans/ specifications.
Garda Vetting is required for all Childcare placements and students can apply for this through The Open College. Please ask for details.
Certain assessments require completion of work, which must be observed and evaluated by a Supervisor or Line manager.
Learners undertaking this programme must have basic IT skills and access to the necessary equipment to enable them to undertake an online programme: computer, broadband, email, Microsoft, recording equipment necessary for some skills demonstration tasks, and where applicable any other specialised software/equipment.
As this programme is delivered through distance learning or eLearning, students must be capable of studying on their own initiative.
For more details on participation suitability of this course click here».
Portfolio / Collection of Work – 40%
Skills Demonstrations x 2 – 60%
Collection of Work:
The learner will create a collection of work to include floor plans and detailed list of materials and activities to demonstrate an appropriate ECCE learning environment for a group of children from 2.5 – 6 years old.
Learners must state the group size that the portfolio relates to group sizes must be a minimum of 10 and up to a maximum of 35 children.
Skills Demonstrations: The internal assessor will devise two skills demonstrations that require the candidates to produce pieces of work.
Learners are required to devise a plan for a music and movement zone in the classroom for a group of children from 2.5 – 6 years old.
Learners should create a list of materials and resources and detailed description of the use of the space available.
Learners are required to devise a culturally themed plan for a day in the classroom e.g. An Irish themed day.
Learners must devise a plan to include food, materials and resources for activities and organisation and decoration of the environment.
- Following successful completion you will receive a QQI Level 6 component Certificate in Early Learning Environment - 6N1933.
- QQI (Quality & Qualifications Ireland) is the national awarding body for further education and training in Ireland. The Open College is registered with QQI to offer programmes leading to QQI awards in the National Framework of Qualifications in Ireland. Click here for details of the National Framework of Qualifications.
- Click here for more detailed Accreditation information.
- All Registration & Certification Fees are included in the course price. No other fees to pay.
This QQI Early Learning Environment (Montessori Practical Life & Sensorial) – 6N1933 course is completed through Distance Learning and there are no lectures to attend.
Students can complete this course within 8 weeks which is ample time and can start it at any time of the year that is convenient. If students need to extend this period for any reason during or near the end of the course they can request an extension through the college.