Employment Law Course (QQI Level 6)
€359.00 — or €180.00 / month for 2 months
- Our online QQI Level 6 Employment Law course is designed to enable the learner to gain an in depth understanding of the Legislative Environment in which a modern business must survive. Learners will be aware of and be able to apply the Legislation that applies to their particular area of business.
- What QQI award do I receive? On successful completion of this module you will gain a QQI Level 6 component certificate in Employment Law (6N4322).
- How is it delivered? Online Learning with flexible part-time study from your own home.
- How long is the Employment Law Course? Students are given ample time (8 weeks) to complete the course and can start it at any time of the year.
- What does it cost? The full course fee is €359 and includes all documentation, lecturing, assessments, learner registration and QQI certification fees. No other enrolment fees to pay!
- There is also an Easy Payment option of – €180 per month over 2 months with our unrivaled Easy Payment Plans. Enrol using your Debit / Credit Card or call us on (+353) 1 206 1828 to avail of this offer
- Study from Home – No classes to attend.
This QQI Level 6 Employment Law course is designed to enable the learner to gain an in depth understanding of the Legislative Environment in which a modern business must survive. Learners will be aware of and be able to apply the Legislation that applies to their particular area of business.
It is designed to equip participants with knowledge of the component parts of employment law and an appreciation of how employment law principles work in practice. In addition, candidates who successfully complete this module will develop an in-depth understanding of the statutory frameworks which regulate the employer/employee relationship.
Who should complete this course?
- Students who wish to obtain a general understanding of Employment Law principles and to enable them to appreciate the role of the law in their Business or work place environment.
- Business Owners looking to up skill their knowledge on all Employment Law and Legislations.
- People who wish to gain a professional, internationally recognised qualification in Law by distance learning.
Learners who successfully complete this course will:
- develop an understanding of the sources of and rationale behind Irish employment law
- explain the impact current legislation has on the key aspects of employment practice
- demonstrate detailed knowledge of the characteristics of a contract of employment, including statutory and EC law regulation of the employment relationship
- appreciate the role of law in regulating working conditions and promoting fairness, equality and best practice in the workplace
- demonstrate awareness of the practices and procedures relating to disciplinary matters
- describe types, legal provisions and rights relating to discrimination
- appreciate how the law has developed to grant family friendly rights to employees
- appreciate the legal significance of HR policies and procedures, particularly in relation to disputes or legal action
- critically evaluate the impact of an aspect of employment law on working conditions in their own vocational area.
This distance learning, QQI accredited course means that Students can study flexibly at home, or at any convenient place and time, and can gain an Internationally Recognised Qualification. Students receive a comprehensive Course Manual, Assignments, Efficient Studyguide, and unlimited one-to-one Tutor Support for the course duration.
If students require extra time to complete the course they can apply for an extension.
Topics covered include:
Unit 1: The Regulatory Framework
Unit 2: Contracts of Employment
Unit 3: Discrimination
Unit 4: Dismissal and Redundancy
Unit 5: Health & Safety at Work
Unit 6: Collective Employment Law.
Entry Requirements / Prerequisites:
Level 5 or equivalent in a relevant subject area (Business / Management) and/or relevant practical experience (3 years minimum) – Please ask about our requirements surrounding Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) for entry.
Mature students (over 23 years) may be exempt from the above prerequisites.
English Language Requirement: Students entering programmes leading to awards at Level 6 are expected to be able to: fluently read, draft, prepare and understand complex information, including quantitative information, that is personally relevant and reflecting a broad knowledge base. For example, this might include text and other information relating to abstract theoretical ideas, concerns or procedures, such as local planning concerns in relation to broader spatial strategy, political issues in relation to particular agenda, budget plans/ specifications.
Learners undertaking this programme must have basic IT skills and access to the necessary equipment to enable them to undertake an online programme: computer, broadband, email, Microsoft, recording equipment necessary for some skills demonstration tasks, and where applicable any other specialised software/equipment.
As this programme is delivered through distance learning or eLearning, students must be capable of studying on their own initiative.
For more details on participation suitability of this course click here».
Progression to further Studies:
- This course leads to a level 6 award on the National Framework of Qualifications.
- Students who successfully complete this programme may use this Level 6 credit towards a QQI Major award in any of the following areas:
6M4978 Health Services Management Skills.
This course is assessed through a combination of assignments and an online exam.
Examination (Theory-Based) 40%
Assignments x 2 60%
The internal assessor has devised an online theory-based examination that assesses candidates’ ability to recall and apply theory and understanding gained through lectures, self-directed study and homework style exercises completed by the candidates during the module.
The two hour online examination will be based on a range of specific learning outcomes. Candidates will be offered a choice of six questions in two sections from which they must attempt two. The selection of questions will be varied and will include a combination of case note questions and questions which require a critical analysis of a legislative enactment of part thereof.
The case note type question will typically require the candidate to analyse the judgment(s) and demonstrate an understanding of the legal issues which arose for decision by the Court/Labour Court/Equality Tribunal/Employment Appeals Tribunal in two of four leading cases.
Assignments x 2:
The internal assessor will devise a brief/questions that requires candidates to produce evidence that demonstrates an understanding and application of a range of specific learning outcomes.
- Following successful completion you will receive a QQI Level 6 component Certificate in Employment Law (6N4322) from QQI.
- QQI (Quality & Qualifications Ireland) is the national awarding body for further education and training in Ireland. The Open College is registered with QQI to offer programmes leading to QQI awards in the National Framework of Qualifications in Ireland. Click here for details of the National Framework of Qualifications.
- Click here for more detailed Accreditation information.
This QQI Employment Law 6N4322 course is completed through Distance Learning and there are no lectures to attend.
Students can complete this course within 8 weeks which is ample time and can start it at any time of the year that is convenient. If students need to extend this period for any reason during or near the end of the course they can request an extension through the college.