Digital Marketing Course (QQI Level 5)
€354.00 — or €159.00 / month for 2 months
- Award Achieved: QQI Level 5 component Certificate in Digital Marketing (5N1364).
- NFQ Credit value: 15 Credits.
- Delivery Format: Online eLearning course supported with fully qualified tutors & accredited by QQI.
- Course Fee: Only – €314.00 or
- Easy Payments: Only €159 per month over 2 months with our unrivalled Easy Payment Plans. Enrol using your Debit / Credit Card or call us on (+353) 1 206 1828 to avail of this offer.
- Course fee includes all documentation, lecturing, assessments, learner registration and QQI certification fees. No other fees to pay!
- Students can complete this course within 8 weeks which is ample time and can start it at any time of the year that is convenient.
- No classes to attend.
This newly updated online Digital Marketing course will introduce students to the core competencies required to develop and execute digital marketing strategies and activities. It will provide a detailed understanding of what Digital Marketing is, major trends and important concepts such as Search Engine Optimisation (SEO), Science of Adwords Traffic, types of Online marketing, eMail Marketing, Viral Marketing, Online PR, and Social Networking etc..
Who should complete this course?
- Anyone working with websites who wishes to acquire up-to-date skills in online marketing, e.g. web developers, web designers, content manager, webmasters.
- Anyone working in a marketing role, in a company, or in an agency, who wishes to acquire online marketing skills.
- Business owners who wish to take advantage of the internet as a marketing channel for their business.
- People who wish to gain a professional, accredited qualification in marketing by online/distance learning.
This distance learning, QQI accredited course means that Students can study flexibly at home, or at any convenient place and time, and can gain an Internationally Recognised Qualification.
By choosing to up-skill and learn with The Open College, Students have 24×7 access to The Open College’s market leading eLearning system for the duration of the course. This includes comprehensive course manuals, video, extra reading material, quizzes and one to one Tutor Support. All assessments can also be uploaded online and learners will receive online feedback from their Tutor. You can use the eLearning system from any computer that has internet access.
Topics covered include:
- Unit 1: Introduction to Marketing
- Unit 2: The Online Consumer
- Unit 3: The Anatomy of An Effective Website
- Unit 4: Search Engine Optimisation
- Unit 5: Social Media Marketing
- Unit 6: Email Marketing and Online Advertising
- Unit 7: Online PR and Affiliate Marketing
- Unit 8: Digital Marketing Plan Development & Client Management
- Unit 9: Monitoring & Management.
Entry Requirements / Prerequisites:
This Digital Marketing course is open to all with general work/life experience.
English Language Requirement: Students entering programmes leading to awards at Level 5 are expected to be able to: be proficient at reading, drafting, preparing and understanding information across a broad range of topics, including quantitative information.
Learners undertaking this programme must have basic IT skills and access to the necessary equipment to enable them to undertake an online programme: computer, broadband, email, Microsoft, recording equipment necessary for some skills demonstration tasks, and where applicable any other specialised software/equipment.
- Access to a PC/Mac with internet access to complete coursework.
As this programme is delivered through distance learning or eLearning, students must be capable of studying on their own initiative.
For more details on participation suitability of this course click here».
This course is assessed through completion of a combination of an Assignment and a Portfolio/Collection of Work. All work submitted must be your own work. There is no exam with this course. As part of our quality assurance, student assessment work will be marked by a Tutor, then checked by an Internal Verifier and an independent QQI External Authenticator.
Assignment: – 50% of Marks
The candidate is required to create a 2,000 word digital marketing campaign proposal for a website of their choosing.
Portfolio/Collection of Work: – 50% of Marks
Candidates will be given a series of case studies to analyse and interpret. Each case study will provide the candidate with a challenge or problem. The Candidate will have to write a report on how they would solve the problem.
Students who successfully complete this programme may use this level 5 certificate as credit towards a number of QQI Advanced Certificates including: Multimedia Production (5M2146), eBusiness (5M0828) and Marketing (5M2069).
As well as heading up her own digital media company, Catherine is a digital and social media trainer. Catherine is the also author of several marketing books including the ‘Guide To Marketing Your Business Online in Ireland‘, as well as ‘The Full Appointment Book Step-By-Step Marketing System’.
With over 25 years of marketing, Catherine brings a wealth of practical knowledge to the courses she teaches, and is a highly respected lecturer on the international marketing speaking circuit.
- Following successful completion you will receive a QQI Level 5 component Certificate in Digital Marketing (5N1364).
- QQI (Quality & Qualifications Ireland) is the national awarding body for further education and training in Ireland. The Open College is registered with QQI to offer programmes leading to QQI awards in the National Framework of Qualifications in Ireland. Click here for details of the National Framework of Qualifications.
- Click here for more detailed Accreditation information.
- Registration & QQI Certification Fees are included in the course price. No other fees to pay.
This QQI Digital Marketing 5N1364 course is completed through online eLearning and there are no lectures to attend.
Students can complete this course within 8 weeks which is ample time and can start it at any time of the year that is convenient. If students need to extend this period for any reason during or near the end of the course they can request an extension through the college.