Conflict Management Course (QQI Level 6)
— or €159.00 / month for 2 months
- Award Achieved: QQI Level 6 component Certificate in Conflict Management (6N2775).
- NFQ Credit Value: 15 credits.
- Format: Distance Learning course supported with fully qualified tutors & accredited by QQI.
- Course Fee: Special Offer price: Only – €314.00 or
- Easy Payments: Only €159 per month over 2 months with our unrivalled Easy Payment Plans. Enrol using your Debit / Credit Card or call us on (+353) 1 206 1828 to avail of this offer.
- Course fee includes all documentation, lecturing, assessments, learner registration and QQI certification fees. No other fees to pay!
- Students can complete this course within 8 weeks which is ample time and can start it at any time of the year that is convenient.
- No classes to attend.
This QQI Level 6 Conflict Management distance learning course is designed for people currently working in the community and voluntary sector. It will also be useful to those in a relevant HR department or anybody engaged in mediation.
The course provides the knowledge and skills to understand and manage conflict situations, either at work or in group situations. It provides a series of tools and techniques and is very practical in nature. It is suited to any environment where conflict, anger and hostility are encountered either by telephone or in person.
This distance learning, QQI accredited course means that Students can study flexibly at home, or at any convenient place and time, while gaining a nationally accredited Qualification.
Students receive a comprehensive Course Manual, Assignments, Efficient Studyguide, and unlimited one-to-one Tutor Support for the course duration.
Topics covered include:
- Types of Organisation
- Organisation Structure
- Organisation Culture
- Change in Organisations
- Understanding Conflict
- Conflict Management Styles
- Knowing Your Conflict Style
- Dealing with Anger
- Listening Skills
- Conflict between Groups
- The Process of Mediation
- Mediator Skills
- Crisis Mediation
- Introduction to Negotiation
- Joint Problem Solving
- Guidelines for Negotiation
- Problems in Negotiation
- Group Exercises.
Who should complete this course?
- People working with teams in the community or voluntary sector or in HR departments.
- People who need to build skills in negotiation or conflict resolution.
- People involved working with groups of people e.g. sport, non-for-profit organisations, unions.
- People who wish to gain a professional, accredited qualification in Conflict Management, and wish to study at their own pace, and in their own time.
Entry Requirements / Prerequisites:
Level 5 or equivalent in a relevant subject area (Business / Management) and/or relevant practical experience (3 years minimum) – Please ask about our requirements surrounding Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) for entry.
English Language Requirement: Students entering programmes leading to awards at Level 6 are expected to be able to: fluently read, draft, prepare and understand complex information, including quantitative information, that is personally relevant and reflecting a broad knowledge base. For example, this might include text and other information relating to abstract theoretical ideas, concerns or procedures, such as local planning concerns in relation to broader spatial strategy, political issues in relation to particular agenda, budget plans/ specifications.
Learners undertaking this programme must have basic IT skills and access to the necessary equipment to enable them to undertake an online programme: computer, broadband, email, Microsoft, recording equipment necessary for some skills demonstration tasks, and where applicable any other specialised software/equipment.
As this programme is delivered through distance learning or eLearning, students must be capable of studying on their own initiative.
For more details on participation suitability of this course click here».
Progression to further Studies:
- This course leads to a level 6 award on the National Framework of Qualifications.
- Students who successfully complete this programme may use this Level 6 credit towards the QQI Advanced Level 6 Major Award Certificate in Management (Ref. 6M4587).
The learner will be required to discuss your own personal style of managing conflict using the headings outlined below:
- Demonstrate a thorough understanding of conflict management.
- Appropriate selection of and adaption of conflict resolution method in a given chosen scenario.
- Clear identification of challenges and positive aspects of the different types of conflict management styles.
- Discuss advantages and dis-advantages of using this style.
Candidates will be required to:
- Carry out a case study identifying conflict management within the workplace. This must include information relating to the history of the conflict.
- Conduct an analysis of the conflict – identify the causes and patterns that emerged in the conflict situation.
- Identify the management role in the conflict. Reflect on the conflict, making recommendations relating to how they would deal with the conflict and reasons behind their chosen method.
Learner Record 20%
A personal reflective journal will be complied. The journal will include a record of your own learning and development on the course in relation to managing conflict, include the following:
- Identify a situation within your working life where you have identified a conflict:
State how you feel about conflict, your attitude to the conflict and Biggest challenges faced during the conflict.
- Reflect on your own conflict management style, what have you learned about yourself from this course. Detailing the areas where you need to improve your skills for the future.
- Following successful completion you will receive a QQI Level 6 component Certificate in Conflict Management (6N2775).
- QQI (Quality & Qualifications Ireland) is the national awarding body for further education and training in Ireland. The Open College is registered with QQI to offer programmes leading to QQI awards in the National Framework of Qualifications in Ireland. Click here for details of the National Framework of Qualifications.
- Click here for more detailed Accreditation information.
- All Registration & Certification Fees are included in the course price. No other fees to pay.
This Conflict Management (QQI Level 6) 6N2775 course is completed through Distance Learning and there are no lectures to attend.
Students can complete this course within 8 weeks which is ample time and can start it at any time of the year that is convenient. If students need to extend this period for any reason during or near the end of the course they can request an extension through the college.