Marketing Practice Course (QQI Level 5)
€345.00 — or €149.00 / month for 2 months
- Our online learning QQI level 5 Marketing Practice course is designed to enable learners to learn and apply the principles and practices of marketing. Learners who complete this module will be able to work effectively as a marketing professional in a range of organisations.
- What QQI award do I receive? On successful completion of this module you will gain a QQI Level 5 Certificate in Marketing Practice – 5N1400.
- How is it delivered? Online Learning with flexible part-time study from your own home.
- How long is the Marketing Practice Course? Students are given ample time (8 weeks) to complete the course and can start it at any time of the year.
- What does it cost? The full course fee is €295 and includes all documentation, lecturing, assessments, learner registration and QQI certification fees. No other enrolment fees to pay!
- There is also an Easy Payment option of – €149 per month over 2 months with our unrivaled Easy Payment Plans. Enrol using your Debit / Credit Card or call us on (+353) 1 206 1828 to avail of this offer
- Study from Home – No classes to attend.
This new eLearning QQI level 5 Marketing Practice course is designed to enable learners to learn and apply the principles and practices of marketing. Learners who complete this module will be able to work effectively as a marketing professional in a range of organisations.
The module will also allow students to:
- To be familiar with the principles and practices of marketing
- To be able to work effectively as a marketing assistant
- To gain an understanding of the functions of a marketing department
- To gain an understanding of the role of marketing in everyday life.
This module presents you with key theory in relation to the specific topics. In addition, there are various activities for you to complete as you proceed through your study. Please note these activities are included to support you with your learning and form part of the assessment process and as such these activities do need to be submitted for marking as part of your assessment submission.
Who should complete this Marketing Practice course?
- Anyone involved in eCommerce, Business or Digital Marketing.
- Anyone working in a Marketing role, who wishes to acquire Marketing skills.
- Business owners who wish to take advantage of the internet as a channel for doing business.
- People who wish to gain a professional accredited qualification in Marketing.
This online learning, QQI accredited course means that Students can study flexibly at home, or at any convenient place and time, and can gain an Internationally Recognised Qualification in the process.
This Marketing Practice course is designed to prepare students for positions in brand management and marketing in Ireland and abroad. The programme is suitable for students with a marketing orientation and marketing professionals wishing to build upon their existing skills. It also caters for students with a background in business, psychology, social science or other disciplines which inform marketing theory and practice.
Marketing plays a pivotal role in creating, communicating, capturing and sustaining value for organisations, customers and society. The rapid digital evolution and increasingly savvy consumers have made it essential for organisations to build strong brands, and to engage customers effectively and in innovative ways in order to remain competitive. This environment makes it essential for modern day businesses to employ skilled marketing professionals and underpins the strong demand for our students.
Marketing is a word that elicits much opinion and discussion. Without marketing there is no customer. Marketing’s sole focus is on the customer and explores those avenues to understand what excites and upsets them. It helps shape the products and services of a firm, based on an understanding of what the customer is looking for. It is about engaging a conversation with that customer and guiding the delivery of what is required to satisfy those needs.
The course equips students with the theoretical knowledge, analytical skills, and methodologies necessary for successful careers in marketing. The programme has a strong focus on industry. The combination of strategic, analytical and practical elements of this course will provide students with a distinct advantage in the marketplace.
The specific learning outcomes are grouped into 7 units.
Unit 1: Marketing
- The Principles of Marketing and the Marketing Mix
- The Role of Marketing and Marketing as a function within Organisations
- The Different Marketing Activities
- Marketing to B2B and B2C.
Unit 2: Consumers & Markets
- Customer Behaviour
- Market Research
- Identifying Product Development Opportunities
- Competitor Behaviour and Performance
- Planning Your Market Research
- Markets – Attitudes and Behaviour in Existing and Potential Markets
- Market Trends.
Unit 3: Product
- Product Strategies
- The Stages in New Product Development
- Product Life Cycle
- Product Design – Standardisation Vs Adaptation
- Product Packaging
- Product Range
- Product SWOT Analysis and how to use it.
Unit 4: Pricing Strategies
- Pricing Strategies
- Pricing Related Performance
- Fast Moving Consumer Goods.
Unit 5: Promotion
- Promotional Budget
- Promotional Mix
- Promotion of Products
- Promotion of Services.
Unit 6: Place (Distribution)
- The functions of a Distribution Channel
- Supply Chain
- Distribution Channels
- Distribution for a Product
- Distribution for a Service.
Unit 7: Monitoring & Management
- Monitoring the Effectiveness of Your Marketing Campaign
- Measuring Return on Marketing Investment
- Keeping On Top Of Things.
Entry Requirements / Prerequisites:
Leaving certificate, Level 4 certificate or equivalent in a relevant subject area (Business or Finance) and/or relevant practical experience (3 years minimum) – Please ask about our requirements surrounding Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) for entry.
Mature students (over 23 years) may be exempt from the above prerequisites.
English Language Requirement: Students entering programmes leading to awards at Level 5 are expected to be able to: be proficient at reading, drafting, preparing and understanding information across a broad range of topics, including quantitative information.
Learners undertaking this programme must have basic IT skills and access to the necessary equipment to enable them to undertake an online programme: computer, broadband, email, Microsoft, recording equipment necessary for some skills demonstration tasks, and where applicable any other specialised software/equipment.
As this programme is delivered through distance learning or eLearning, students must be capable of studying on their own initiative.
For more details on participation suitability of this course click here».
Learners who successfully complete this QQI Level 5 programme in Marketing Practice (5N1400) may use this certificate to towards the completion of other courses within this field such as:
- Business Studies (5M2102), eBusiness (5M0828), Business Administration (5M2468), Tourism with Business (5M5011), Marketing (5M2069) and so on.
This Certificate can also be used as a stand alone qualification.
Students are assessed over the duration of this module as follows:
Assignments (2) 60%
Examination (Theory-Based) 40%
Assignments (2): The internal assessor has devised two briefs that require candidates to produce evidence that demonstrates an understanding and application of a range of specific learning outcomes.
Assignment 1: Learners will investigate and analyse topic(s) appropriate to the marketing environment (e.g., consumer buying behaviour, business to business marketing, SWOT analysis etc.)
Assignment 2: Learners will complete an evaluation of a range of impacts of eBusiness
Examination: The internal assessor has devised a theory-based online examination that assesses the candidate’s ability to recall and apply theory and understanding, requiring responses to a range of structured questions.
The examination will be based on a range of specific learning outcomes from all units of the module and will be 2 hours in duration.
The format of the examination will be as follows: 4 structured questions
Candidates are required to answer all questions (10 marks each).
Pass 50 – 64%
Merit 65 – 79%
Distinction 80 – 100%
- Following successful completion you will receive a QQI Level 5 Certificate in Marketing Practice (5N1400).
- QQI (Quality & Qualifications Ireland) is the national awarding body for further education and training in Ireland. The Open College is registered with QQI to offer programmes leading to QQI awards in the National Framework of Qualifications in Ireland. Click here for details of the National Framework of Qualifications.
- Click here for more detailed Accreditation information.
- All Registration & Certification Fees are included in the course price. No other fees to pay.
This Marketing Practice – QQI Level 5 (5N1400) course is completed through Online eLearning and there are no lectures to attend.
This programme is completed on a part-time basis over 8 weeks and has been designed to be sufficiently flexible so that it may meet the needs of the learner who accesses programmes through many different avenues at The Open College. Overall, the programme is based on a notional duration of 150 hours (typical learner effort), to include both directed and self-directed learning including assessments.