The Open College was established in 2004 and was one of the first Private Colleges in 2008 to be fully recognised, approved and accredited by the Government appointed National Awarding body – FETAC to offer distance learning programmes recognised on the National Framework of Qualifications.
In 2012, and with the introduction to the common awards system which saw the transition of the awarding body to Qualifications & Quality Ireland (QQI) the College received its second approval to offer accredited eLearning programmes recognised on the National Framework of Qualifications.
With the expansion of the internet, The Open College developed sophisticated eLearning platforms that were instantly recognised by leading education institutes which has promoted and maintained The Open College at the leading edge of educational technology.
QQI are responsible for maintaining the ten-level NFQ (National Framework of Qualifications) and validate education and training programmes and make extensive awards in the Further Education and Training sector. In the area of quality assurance, QQI are responsible for reviewing the effectiveness of quality assurance in further and higher education providers in Ireland. This includes the further and higher education providers.
In recognition of The Open College’s commitment to the provision of the highest quality education in Ireland we have now partnered with Oxford Brookes University to provide our learners with newly designed and industry leading Online BA (Hons) Degree Programmes.
Oxford Brookes University has over 150 years of history. They started out as a small School of Art in borrowed teaching rooms and have grown into one of the UK’s top modern universities with a local, national and international reputation for teaching and research excellence. Some of Oxford Brookes University recent results and achievements include:
- The only UK university in the QS ranking of top 50 institutions under 50 years old for the 3rd year in a row (QS World University Rankings Top 50 under 50 2020)
- Among the world’s top universities in 13 individual subject areas (QS World University Rankings by Subject 2020)
- One of the UK’s top 40 Institutions
- Top 20 in the world for their Global MBA (QS Online MBA Rankings 2019)
- 94% of their research is internationally recognised and 59% is ‘world leading’ quality or ‘internationally excellent’
Website: Oxford Brookes University.