The Open College provides access to flexible, affordable and quality assured online education and training programmes at levels 5 and 6 on the National Framework of Qualification, which promotes the provision of teaching, learning and engagement in an online context, using innovative technologies and digital platforms.
We are committed to delivering the highest standards of online education in line with our ethos of continuous improvement to ensure that we offer the best learning opportunities. We continually strive to be recognised as a centre of excellence in the provision of online learning.
The college is also committed to developing, maintaining and monitoring a rigorous and robust quality assurance system to underpin our activities in terms of:
- Reflecting best practice.
- Adhering to the principles of teaching, learning and assessment.
- Continuous Improvement.
- Implementing Innovative Technologies for the enhancement of teaching, learning and assessment.
- Meeting quality standards as set out by the awarding body with particular attention to the Blended Learning Guidelines which underpins the QA framework for online delivery while a new Online Learning National Guideline is developed by QQI.
Our Quality Assurance structure serves to monitor, evaluate and improve the services we offer. This ensures fairness, transparency, accuracy and consistency in the teaching, learning and assessment of learners, which involves a process of rigorous internal and external review checks. This is important to ensure that independent monitoring of teaching, learning and assessment practices are carried out and that recommendations for improvement are considered where appropriate.
We are also committed to:
- promoting Equality and Diversity and respects the rights of individuals to access learning and we continuously strive to reduce any barriers which may arise regarding access to learning.
- communicating effectively with learners and staff at every step of the learning experience and we encourage formative and summative feedback opportunities at every stage of this experience.
The Open College is built on the strength of the knowledge, skills and experience of the team involved. We support the continuous professional development of all our staff members in order that they can realise their full potential.
The college seeks to fulfil this mission by sustained actions in the following:
- Providing flexible, online, high quality, readily affordable and easily accessible programmes of study largely comprising nationally validated programmes in the departmental areas listed above.
We seek to ensure graduate competence and learner satisfaction by establishing and maintaining internal quality assurance and quality enhancement procedures with external views, for the purpose of continually improving and maintaining the standards of quality and excellence.
TOC believes that by conducting its interactions with all stakeholders through the following values, we will achieve our primary aim of preparing the learner for optimum achievement in the programme they have chosen to study and the career they wish to follow. The Open College is committed to doing this with the utmost consideration for the learner’s social, emotional and physical welfare.
We believe the values that will support this include; Honesty, Integrity, Transparency, Respect, Trust, Professionalism, Innovation and Continuous Improvement. In short, these values are intrinsic in everything we do, and we recruit management, administrative and academic teaching/lecturing staff and outside professional agencies with these values in mind:
- Obtain and maintain the highest quality lecturers to ensure that our learners receive the highest quality of education.
- Our guiding principles will be; Honesty, Integrity, Transparency, Respect, Trust, Professionalism, Innovation.
- Our assessments principles will ensure Fairness and Consistency.
- Our Teaching and Learning strategies will provide a meaningful teaching and learning experiences.
- We will always use our experience and past performances in education as a guideline for our future development.
- We strive to continually enhance the learning experience for learners and staff.
For more information on all the programmes we offer please click here…