Supervisory Management Course (QQI Level 6)
€345.00 — or €159.00 / month for 2 months
- Award Achieved: QQI Level 6 Certificate in Supervisory Management (6N4329).
- NFQ Credit Value: 15 credits.
- Format: Distance Learning course supported with fully qualified tutors & accredited by QQI.
- Course Fee: Special Offer price: Only – €314.00 or
- Easy Payments: Only €159 per month over 2 months with our unrivalled Easy Payment Plans. Enrol using your Debit / Credit Card or call us on (+353) 1 206 1828 to avail of this offer.
- Course fee includes all documentation, lecturing, assessments, learner registration and QQI certification fees. No other fees to pay!
- Students can complete this course within 8 weeks which is ample time and can start it at any time of the year that is convenient.
- No classes to attend.
This QQI Supervisory Management course, equips existing Team Leaders and Supervisors (and those considering a career in managing people) with skills to lead and supervise teams successfully.
Students will learn how to:
(1) analyse situations and make decisions,
(2) develop quality customer service plans,
(3) plan and organise people, and
(4) understand the role of strategic planning and change management.
This distance learning, QQI accredited course means that Students can study flexibly at home, or at work, and can gain an Internationally Recognised Qualification. The course is designed for those working in Large Companies, SMEs or the Public Sector.
Topics covered include:
- The History of Modern Management
- Functions of Management and the Management Hierarchy
- Supervisor in the Hierarchy of Management
- Roles and Responsibilities of Supervisors
- Some Guidelines for New Managers to Manage and Up Skill Themselves to Succeed in Their New Role
- Leadership and What is a Leader?
- The Importance of Effective Communication for Managers
- Time Management for Managers
- Team Building.
- Staff Code of Conduct
- Performance Management and Tools to Measure Employee Performance
- Membership of Trade Unions/Trade Associations (from the perspective of both employees and employers)
- Management of Records and Maintenance of Logs and Work Schedules
- Advantages and Disadvantages of In-House Vs Contract Staff.
- Data Protection
- Risk Management
- Budgeting and Preparation of Departmental Budgets.
- Selection and Recruitment of New Employees
- Planning and Conduct of Training and Development of Staff
- Management of Conflict in the Workplace
- Management and Organisation of your Department/Staff to meet the Goals and Objectives
- Customer Care and Maintenance of High Service Delivery Standards.
Who should complete this course?
- Existing Team Leaders and Supervisors who wish to gain a formal accredited qualification.
- Newly appointed Team Leaders and Supervisors who wish to learn how to manage people and teams.
- Managers in business who have direct reports and wish to learn best-practice techniques for managing people.
- People who wish to gain a professional, accredited qualification in the subject matter by home study distance learning.
Entry Requirements / Prerequisites:
Level 5 or equivalent in a relevant subject area (Business / Management) and/or relevant practical experience (3 years minimum) – Please ask about our requirements surrounding Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) for entry.
English Language Requirement: Students entering programmes leading to awards at Level 6 are expected to be able to: fluently read, draft, prepare and understand complex information, including quantitative information, that is personally relevant and reflecting a broad knowledge base. For example, this might include text and other information relating to abstract theoretical ideas, concerns or procedures, such as local planning concerns in relation to broader spatial strategy, political issues in relation to particular agenda, budget plans/ specifications.
Learners undertaking this programme must have basic IT skills and access to the necessary equipment to enable them to undertake an online programme: computer, broadband, email, Microsoft, recording equipment necessary for some skills demonstration tasks, and where applicable any other specialised software/equipment.
As this programme is delivered through distance learning or eLearning, students must be capable of studying on their own initiative.
For more details on participation suitability of this course click here».
- This course is assessed through Portfolio/Collection of Work (40% of Marks) and a Skills Demonstration (60% of Marks).
- All work submitted must be your own work. There is no exam with this course.
- As part of our quality assurance, student assessment work will be marked by an Internal Assessor, then checked by an Internal Verifier and an independent QQI External Authenticator.
Progression to Further Studies:
- This course leads to a level 6 award on the National Framework of Qualifications.
- Students who successfully complete this programme may use this Level 6 credit towards the FETAC Advanced Major Award in Management programme (6M4587).
Pass 50 – 64%
Merit 65 – 79%
Distinction 80 – 100%
- Following successful completion you will receive a QQI Level 6 component Certificate in Supervisory Management (6N4329) from QQI.
- QQI (Quality & Qualifications Ireland) is the national awarding body for further education and training in Ireland. The Open College is registered with QQI to offer programmes leading to QQI awards in the National Framework of Qualifications in Ireland. Click here for details of the National Framework of Qualifications.
- Click here for more detailed Accreditation information.
- All Registration & Certification Fees are included in the course price. No other fees to pay.
This Supervisory Management (QQI Level 6) 6N4329 course is completed through Distance Learning and there are no lectures to attend.
Students can complete this course within 8 weeks which is ample time and can start it at any time of the year that is convenient. If students need to extend this period for any reason during or near the end of the course they can request an extension through the college.