Managing People Course (QQI Level 6)
€345.00 — or €159.00 / month for 2 months
- Award Achieved: QQI Level 6 component Certificate in Managing People (6N3945).
- NFQ Credit Value: 15 credits.
- Format: Distance Learning course supported with fully qualified tutors & accredited by QQI.
- Course Fee: Special Offer price: Only – €314.00 or
- Easy Payments: Only €159 per month over 2 months with our unrivalled Easy Payment Plans. Enrol using your Debit / Credit Card or call us on (+353) 1 206 1828 to avail of this offer.
- Course fee includes all documentation, lecturing, assessments, learner registration and QQI certification fees. No other fees to pay!
- Students can complete this course within 8 weeks which is ample time and can start it at any time of the year that is convenient.
- No classes to attend.
This comprehensive QQI Managing People course, equips existing Managers (and those considering a career in managing people) with detailed knowledge of employee legislation, motivating staff, appraisals, disciplinary procedures, recruitment, selection and personal development.
Students will learn how to:
- manage staff performance and under performance,
- motivate, empower and develop staff,
- build effective workplace relationships, and
- understand the implications of Irish employee related legislation.
This distance learning, QQI accredited course means that Students can study flexibly at home, or at any convenient place and time, and can gain an Internationally Recognised Qualification. The course is designed for those working in Large Companies, SMEs or the Public Sector.
Topics covered include:
Unit 1: Management, Leadership and Culture
- Management v. Leadership
- Management & Leadership Styles
- Theory X and Theory Y
- The Managerial Grid Model
- Organisation Structure
- Organisation Culture.
Unit 2: Managing Performance
- Negotiating Performance Management
- Operational Plans
- Setting Standards and Objectives
- Setting SMART Objectives
- Decision Making
- Creative Problem Solving
- Delegating and Motivating
- Monitoring and Controlling
- Managing Conflict and Disputes
- Managing Assertiveness.
Unit 3: Training and Development
- Staff Development
- Staff Development Options
- Personal Development Plans (PDP).
Unit 4: Legislation
- General Rights
- Contract of Employment
- Health and Safety Legislation.
Who should complete this course?
- Existing Managers and Supervisors who wish to gain an internationally recognised qualification.
- Newly appointed Managers and Supervisors who wish to learn how to manage people and teams.
- Managers in business who have to make direct reports and wish to learn best-practice techniques for managing people.
Entry Requirements / Prerequisites:
Level 5 or equivalent in a relevant subject area (Business / Management) and/or relevant practical experience (3 years minimum) – Please ask about our requirements surrounding Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) for entry.
English Language Requirement: Students entering programmes leading to awards at Level 6 are expected to be able to: fluently read, draft, prepare and understand complex information, including quantitative information, that is personally relevant and reflecting a broad knowledge base. For example, this might include text and other information relating to abstract theoretical ideas, concerns or procedures, such as local planning concerns in relation to broader spatial strategy, political issues in relation to particular agenda, budget plans/ specifications.
Learners undertaking this programme must have basic IT skills and access to the necessary equipment to enable them to undertake an online programme: computer, broadband, email, Microsoft, recording equipment necessary for some skills demonstration tasks, and where applicable any other specialised software/equipment.
As this programme is delivered through distance learning or eLearning, students must be capable of studying on their own initiative.
For more details on participation suitability of this course click here».
Progression to further Studies
- This course leads to a level 6 award on the National Framework of Qualifications.
- Students who successfully complete this programme may use this Level 6 credit towards the FETAC Advanced Certificate in Management programme (Ref. 6M4587).
- This course is assessed through completion of a Project (50%), Assignment (20%) and a Personal Learner Record (30%) where candidates record their experience of setting performance standards, giving feedback, staff development, diversity, legislation, delegation and evaluation of their own skills.
- All work submitted must be your own work. There is no exam with this course.
- As part of our quality assurance, student assessment work will be marked by an Internal Assessor, validated by a Verifier with an independent QQI External Authenticator to complete the process.
- Following successful completion you will receive a QQI Level 6 component Certificate in Managing People (6N3945) from QQI.
- QQI (Quality & Qualifications Ireland) is the national awarding body for further education and training in Ireland. The Open College is registered with QQI to offer programmes leading to QQI awards in the National Framework of Qualifications in Ireland. Click here for details of the National Framework of Qualifications.
- Click here for more detailed Accreditation information.
- All Registration & Certification Fees are included in the course price. No other fees to pay.
This new Managing People (QQI Level 6) 6N3945 course is completed through Distance Learning Course and there are no lectures to attend.
Students can complete this course within 8 weeks which is ample time and can start it at any time of the year that is convenient. If students need to extend this period for any reason during or near the end of the course they can request an extension through the college.