Train the Trainer Course (QQI Level 6) – Online
€395.00 — or €199.00 / month for 2 months
- Award Achieved: QQI Level 6 component Certificate in Training Delivery and Evaluation (6N3326).
- NFQ Credit Value: 15 credits.
- Format: Online eLearning course supported with fully qualified tutors & accredited by QQI.
- Course Fee: Only – €395.00 or
- Easy Payments: Only €199 per month over 2 months with our unrivalled Easy Payment Plans. First payment is taken upon enrolment and second / final payment a month later.
- The course fee includes all documentation, lecturing, assessments, learner registration and QQI certification fees. No other hidden fees to pay!
- Students can complete this course within 8 weeks which is ample time and can start it at any time of the year that is convenient.
- Live Online weekly tutor support sessions.
The purpose of this Online distance Learning QQI Train the Trainer (Training Delivery and Evaluation) 6N3326 award is to develop an understanding of the methodologies and processes available to approach Training Delivery and Evaluation. We will do this by equipping the learner with the knowledge, skill and competence in Training Delivery and Evaluation through planning, design, delivery, assessment and evaluation.
Specifically the programme covers the concepts and theories of delivery and evaluation and understand how this is applied to ensure effectiveness of a training session. We will explore the legislation associated with ensuring equality and fairness for all trainees regardless of their ethnic background or disability.
We will also take a look at evaluation models, approaches, techniques and tools as well as a range of training aids and will explore how to approach the provision of constructive feedback to participants as well as specialised training delivery and evaluation skills. Finally we will review the training evaluation process.
Learners have a qualified and experienced Tutor / Lecturer whose role is to deliver the course, and provide you with support throughout the duration of the programme. The Open College is registered with QQI to offer programmes leading to QQI awards in the National Framework of Qualifications in Ireland.
This course is fully delivered through our industry leading eLearning platform with learning formats that include for example – tutor videos, written course work and quizzes.
Topics covered include:
Unit 1: The Theory of Training and Evaluation of Learning
- Adult Learning Theories
- Instructional Design Theories
- Effective Training Delivery Theories and Techniques
- Objectives of Training Evaluation for Adults.
Unit 2: Training Delivery Planning and Preparation
- Group dynamics
- Dealing with Disruptive Behaviour
- The Role of the Trainer
- Delivery Planning
Unit 3: Diversity and Legislation
- Managing Diversity
- Equality in training
- Legislation governing Equality and Diversity.
Unit 4: IT Technologies.
- Instruction Design Models
- Using IT Technologies as part of your evaluation platform.
Unit 5: Methods of Delivery and Assessment
- Training Strategies
- Training Delivery methodologies
- Formative Assessment
- Summative Assessment
- Assessment Techniques
- Planning Assessment.
Unit 6: Evaluation of Training
- Evaluating a Training Programme
- Evaluation Techniques
- Programme Review.
Who should complete this QQI course?
- Those who have commenced a career in Training and Education, and who would like to receive an approved National Qualification.
- Those who wish to become a certified trainer.
- Those involved in training administration, delivery, design or assessment.
- Training and HR personnel in large organisations.
Entry Requirements / Prerequisites:
Level 5 or equivalent in a relevant subject area (Business / Management) and/or relevant practical experience (3 years minimum) – Please ask about our requirements surrounding Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) for entry.
Mature students (over 23 years) may be exempt from the above prerequisites.
English Language Requirement: Students entering programmes leading to awards at Level 6 are expected to be able to: fluently read, draft, prepare and understand complex information, including quantitative information, that is personally relevant and reflecting a broad knowledge base. For example, this might include text and other information relating to abstract theoretical ideas, concerns or procedures, such as local planning concerns in relation to broader spatial strategy, political issues in relation to particular agenda, budget plans/ specifications.
Learners undertaking this programme must have basic IT skills and access to the necessary equipment to enable them to undertake an online programme: computer, broadband, email, Microsoft and where applicable any other specialised software/equipment.
Recording equipment is required for the Skills Demonstration assessment. Students will be required to record a 15 minute training segment which will be sent to the college. If you are unable to complete this recording event we do provide an option for students to come to the College to record the Skills Demonstration. (Contact us for further details).
As this programme is delivered through distance learning or eLearning, students must be capable of studying on their own initiative.
For more details on participation suitability of this course click here».
- This Programme is assessed through completion of a Project (40%), Skills Demonstration (40%) and a Learner Record (20%).
- As part of our quality assurance, assessment work will be marked by an Internal Assessor, then checked by an Internal Verifier and an independent QQI External Authenticator.
Selection of Testimonials:
“Excellent Facilities in Leopardstown. Richard is an excellent trainer. His training style is very relaxed and will be an excellent role model for anyone wishing to become a trainer. Overall very happy with how the course went!”
“Would recommend this Open College course and trainer. All were very helpful and I will be able to take back training to working life. Trainer was excellent, great practical and real world experience.”
“Thought the Train the Trainer course was excellent and I have really enjoyed the last four weeks It definitely works better spreading out the days over 4 weeks rather than four consecutive days. Everyone was encouraged to participate equally, I enjoyed it!”
“I have already improved my knowledge in designing and planning training and in the delivery and evaluation. The trainer encouraged between all the class, there was a very comfortable atmosphere and we were all working together to achieve our target. I have already recommended this course to my friends. Thank You!”
“Course and Tutor – 10 out of 10. Tutor was there before class and after class and on email if you had any problems, great support. Great location and so easy to get to. Also great being able to do the course one day a week!”
George Adams D.G.S.A –
“Just completed the ‘Train The Trainer’ course with Siobhan Murphy and The Open College team. I must say, I have completed many courses in my 35 years in business and this was one if not the most enjoyable course i have attended or for that matter given. Thank you so much and best of luck for the future. hope to see you again for the next level..”
“I really enjoyed this course, I was very nervous about presenting & Lorraine our tutor really helped me with. I can’t fault any of the course – 10 out of 10.”
“Great training environment, our tutor was very engaging, knowledgeable, helpful and friendly. Fantastic hand-outs & training materials and also great to have them available on the online platform.”
“I found the course very useful, relevant and done in a way that was friendly and more casual, which helped me to remember more information. The trainer Lorraine was really frien…dly + approachable and really made the course more enjoyable. She was free to talk to students on a 1-2-1 basis if needed. The course content was also related back to our individual fields which helped me to realise how to apply the learning. 10 out of 10 and would definitely recommend this to my friends.”
“Communication was very effective throughout and delivered by powerpoint, by talking, by exchanging opinions and by doing. Really useful learning and ready to put into action.”
“Our Train the Trainer tutor Lorraine is very knowledgeable in her field. She made the course fun and enjoyable and she put the whole group at ease from day 1. I wish the course was longer – only because I enjoyed it so much. Training rooms were very bright, lots of natural light and very comfortable. I would recommend this course and The Open College to anyone.”
“Communication on this Train the Trainer course was excellent both in class and between sessions with our tutor answering questions during the week. I thought the course was well structured and Lorraine was an excellent tutor and I feel fully confident now to give presentations in my own sector and even in a new topic.”
- Following successful completion you will receive a QQI Level 6 Training Delivery and Evaluation component Certificate (6N3326).
- QQI (Quality & Qualifications Ireland) is the national awarding body for further education and training in Ireland. The Open College is registered with QQI to offer programmes leading to QQI awards in the National Framework of Qualifications in Ireland. Click here for details of the National Framework of Qualifications.
- Click here for more detailed Accreditation information.
- All Registration & Certification Fees are included in the course price.
This new Train the Trainer 6N3326 (QQI Level 6) course is completed through Distance Learning Course and there are no lectures to attend.
Students can complete this course within 8 weeks which is ample time and can start it at any time of the year that is convenient. If students need to extend this period for any reason during or near the end of the course they can request an extension through the college.