eBusiness Studies Course (QQI Level 5)
— or €156.00 / month for 2 months
- Our online learning QQI level 5 eBusiness course is designed to equip students with the knowledge, skills and competence needed to set-up and promote a business online. It will also provide an understanding of the technology required to support such activity.
- What QQI award do I receive? On successful completion of this module you will gain a QQI Level 5 Certificate in eBusiness Studies – 5N1369.
- How is it delivered? Online Learning with flexible part-time study from your own home.
- How long is the eBusiness Course? Students are given ample time (8 weeks) to complete the course and can start it at any time of the year.
- What does it cost? The full course fee is €309 and includes all documentation, lecturing, assessments, learner registration and QQI certification fees. No other hidden accreditation or certification fees to pay!
- There is also an Easy Payment option of – €156 per month over 2 months with our unrivaled Easy Payment Plans. Enrol using your Debit / Credit Card or call us on (+353) 1 206 1828 to avail of this offer
- Study from Home – No classes to attend.
This new eLearning QQI level 5 eBusiness course is designed to equip students with the knowledge, skills and competence needed to set-up and promote a business online. It will also provide an understanding of the technology required to support such activity. In addition, it will provide knowledge of online selling and the importance of network security in protecting the individuals business.
The module will also allow students to:
- Appreciate the role played by technology in business today and its influence on the relationship between consumers and suppliers.
- Appreciate the opportunities presented by e-Business to expand.
- Develop internet selling.
- Understand the potential social, legal and economic impact of e-Business.
- Recognise the importance of network security to the internet business.
The module presents you with key theory in relation to the specific topics. In addition, there are various activities for you to complete as you proceed through your study. Please note these activities are included to support you with your learning and form part of the assessment process and as such these activities do need to be submitted for marking as part of your assessment submission.
Who should complete this eBusiness course?
- Anyone involved in eCommerce, eBusiness or Digital Marketing.
- Anyone working in a Marketing role, who wishes to acquire eBusiness skills.
- Business owners who wish to take advantage of the internet as a channel for doing business.
- People who wish to gain a professional accredited qualification in eBusiness.
This online learning, QQI accredited course means that Students can study flexibly at home, or at any convenient place and time, and can gain an Internationally Recognised Qualification in the process.
The specific learning outcomes are grouped into 5 units.
Unit 1: Development and set-up of e-Business
- Identify the tech components required to support e-Business
- Evaluate the evolution of the development of e-Business
- Explain how data is transmitted and received over the internet
- Explain how the internet operates as a global communications network
- Explain the Advantages and Disadvantages of EDI
- Research Business to Business (B2B) and Business to Customers (B2C) interactions.
Unit 2: Security
- List the potential threats
- Ways to manage network security technologies
- Describe encrypted communication protocols
Unit 3: E-Business Applications
- Range of generic electronic applications
- Using different online search engines to gather information
- Role of websites and online advertising
- The importance of ease of access, 24/7, online catalogues, automated billing, pre- and post-sales customer support and frequently asked questions (FAQs) in online direct sales
- Explain online purchasing and procurement
- Identify examples of online financial service applications to include trading and banking
- Identify examples of other online services for example insurance claims processing.
Unit 4: Planning for E-Business
- Identify opportunities particularly suited to e-business and select a potential opportunity for development
- Develop an appropriate e-Business strategy and demonstrate how the e-Business opportunity can integrate with other business activities
- Explore the issues in setting up a website to include:
- In-house or out-sourced
- Site hosting
- Domain name registration
- Design and content
- Levels of interaction
- Website maintenance
- Evaluation and analysis of website feedback
- Determine appropriate online payment mechanisms and security techniques
- Identify possible strategies for e-Business expansion.
Unit 5: Impact of E-Business
- Identify areas of legal concern for e-Business
- Outline the social impact of e-Business
- Describe the potential economic impact of e-Business.
Entry Requirements / Prerequisites:
Leaving certificate, Level 4 certificate or equivalent in a relevant subject area (Business or Finance) and/or relevant practical experience (3 years minimum) – Please ask about our requirements surrounding Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) for entry.
Mature students (over 23 years) may be exempt from the above prerequisites.
English Language Requirement: Students entering programmes leading to awards at Level 5 are expected to be able to: be proficient at reading, drafting, preparing and understanding information across a broad range of topics, including quantitative information.
Learners undertaking this programme must have basic IT skills and access to the necessary equipment to enable them to undertake an online programme: computer, broadband, email, Microsoft, recording equipment necessary for some skills demonstration tasks, and where applicable any other specialised software/equipment.
As this programme is delivered through distance learning or eLearning, students must be capable of studying on their own initiative.
For more details on participation suitability of this course click here».
Learners who successfully complete this QQI Level 5 programme in eBusiness (5N1369) may use this certificate to towards the completion of other courses within this field such as:
- Business Studies (5M2102), Contract Centre Operations (5M2071), International Trade (5M2111) and so on.
This Certificate can also be used as a stand alone qualification.
This course is assessed through completion of two Assignments and a Project.
Pass 50 – 64%
Merit 65 – 79%
Distinction 80 – 100%
- Following successful completion you will receive a QQI Level 5 Certificate in eBusiness Studies (5N1369).
- QQI (Quality & Qualifications Ireland) is the national awarding body for further education and training in Ireland. The Open College is registered with QQI to offer programmes leading to QQI awards in the National Framework of Qualifications in Ireland. Click here for details of the National Framework of Qualifications.
- Click here for more detailed Accreditation information.
- All Registration & Certification Fees are included in the course price. No other fees to pay.
This eBusiness – QQI Level 5 (5N1369) course is completed through Online eLearning and there are no lectures to attend.
This programme is completed on a part-time basis over 8 weeks and has been designed to be sufficiently flexible so that it may meet the needs of the learner who accesses programmes through many different avenues at The Open College. Overall, the programme is based on a notional duration of 150 hours (typical learner effort), to include both directed and self-directed learning including assessments.