Business Law Course (QQI Level 6)
€359.00 — or €180.00 / month for 2 months
- Our online QQI level 6 Business Law module is designed to enable the learner to gain an in depth understanding of the Legislative Environment in which a modern business must survive. Learners will be aware of and be able to apply the Legislation that applies to their particular area of business.
- What QQI award do I receive? On successful completion of this module you will gain a QQI Level 6 component certificate in Business Law (6N4045).
- How is it delivered? Online Learning with flexible part-time study from your own home.
- How long is the Course? Students are given ample time (8 weeks) to complete the course and can start it at any time of the year.
- What does it cost? The full course fee is €359 and includes all documentation, lecturing, assessments, learner registration and QQI certification fees. No other enrolment fees to pay!
- There is also an Easy Payment option of – €180 per month over 2 months with our unrivaled Easy Payment Plans. Enrol using your Debit / Credit Card or call us on (+353) 1 206 1828 to avail of this offer
- Study from Home – No classes to attend.
This QQI level 6 Business Law module is designed to enable the learner to gain an in depth understanding of the Legislative Environment in which a modern business must survive. Learners will be aware of and be able to apply the Legislation that applies to their particular area of business.
Who should complete this course?
- Business Owners & Managers looking to up skill their knowledge on all Business Law and Legislations.
- People who wish to gain a professional, internationally recognised qualification in Law by distance learning.
Learners who successfully complete this course will:
- appreciate the importance Law for the business organisation.
- understand how an organisation needs to be aware of the Legal environment in which it operates.
- understand the role of Legislation in a modern business environment.
- be familiar with relevant legislation.
- develop an appreciation of importance in Legal Practice and Procedure.
This distance learning, QQI accredited course means that Students can study flexibly at home, or at any convenient place and time, and can gain a nationally accredited Qualification.
Students receive a comprehensive Course Manual, Assignments, Efficient Studyguide, and unlimited one-to-one Tutor Support for the course duration.
Topics covered include:
The specific QQI learning outcomes are grouped into 9 units.
- Unit 1: Introduction to the Irish Legal System
- Unit 2: Contract Law
- Unit 3: Commercial and Consumer Law
- Unit 4: Company Law
- Unit 5: Law of Torts
- Unit 6: Employment Law
- Unit 7: Media Law
- Unit 8: Property Law
- Unit 9: Jurisprudence & Legal Documents.
Entry Requirements / Prerequisites:
Level 5 or equivalent in a relevant subject area (Business) and/or relevant practical experience (3 years minimum) – Please ask about our requirements surrounding Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) for entry.
English Language Requirement: Students entering programmes leading to awards at Level 6 are expected to be able to: fluently read, draft, prepare and understand complex information, including quantitative information, that is personally relevant and reflecting a broad knowledge base. For example, this might include text and other information relating to abstract theoretical ideas, concerns or procedures, such as local planning concerns in relation to broader spatial strategy, political issues in relation to particular agenda, budget plans/ specifications.
Learners undertaking this programme must have basic IT skills and access to the necessary equipment to enable them to undertake an online programme: computer, broadband, email, Microsoft, recording equipment necessary for some skills demonstration tasks, and where applicable any other specialised software/equipment.
As this programme is delivered through distance learning or eLearning, students must be capable of studying on their own initiative.
For more details on participation suitability of this course click here».
Progression to further Studies:
- This course leads to a level 6 award on the National Framework of Qualifications.
Students who successfully complete this programme may use this Level 6 credit towards QQI Major awards in any of the following areas:
6M4980 Security Operations
Assignments x 2 – 60%
Examination (Theory) – 40%
The internal assessor has devised two briefs that require the candidates to produce pieces of work of a minimum of 1500 words each which will allow the candidate to demonstrate his/her skill in applying the law to a given workplace scenario. Topics for the assignments will be drawn from each of the core units. The assignments may take the form of a court case report, a small research study or investigative report. The evidence for each assignment will include:-
- An application of the main legal principles.
- Relevant examples or case law.
- An evaluation of the impact of the law on individuals and/or business.
The internal assessor has devised an online theory-based examination that assesses candidates’ ability to recall and apply theory and understanding gained through lectures, self-directed study and homework style exercises completed by the candidates during the module.
The examination will be based on a range of specific learning outcomes. The selection of questions will be varied and will include a combination of case note questions and questions which require a critical analysis of a legislative enactment of part thereof. Exam duration – 2hrs.
- Following successful completion you will receive a QQI Level 6 component Certificate in Business Law (6N4045) from QQI.
- QQI (Quality & Qualifications Ireland) is the national awarding body for further education and training in Ireland. The Open College is registered with QQI to offer programmes leading to QQI awards in the National Framework of Qualifications in Ireland. Click here for details of the National Framework of Qualifications.
- Click here for more detailed Accreditation information.
This QQI Business Law 6N4045 course is completed through Distance Learning and there are no lectures to attend.
Students can complete this course within 8 weeks which is ample time and can start it at any time of the year that is convenient. If students need to extend this period for any reason during or near the end of the course they can request an extension through the college.