Marketing Communications Course (QQI Level 6)
— or €159.00 / month for 2 months
- Award Achieved: QQI Level 6 component Certificate in Marketing Communications (6N4370).
- NFQ Credit Value: 15 credits.
- Format: Distance Learning course supported with fully qualified tutors & accredited by QQI.
- Course Fee: Special Offer price: Only – €314.00 or
- Easy Payments: Only €159 per month over 2 months with our unrivalled Easy Payment Plans. First payment is taken upon enrolment and second / final payment a month later.
- Course fee includes all documentation, lecturing, assessments, learner registration and QQI certification fees. No other fees to pay!
- Students can complete this course within 8 weeks which is ample time and can start it at any time of the year that is convenient.
- No classes to attend.
Learners who successfully complete this course will:
- be competent in the principles of marketing communications
- have detailed knowledge of communication theory
- be able to apply the various marketing communication tools to a work place scenario
- have a comprehensive understanding of the role of marketing communications in achieving organizational objectives.
Who should complete this course?
- Anyone who works in marketing or a marketing-related role.
- Owners of new or growing businesses who wish to gain an accredited qualification in marketing.
- Small business owners who wish to improve their marketing effectiveness.
- People who wish to gain a professional, accredited qualification in marketing by home-study distance learning.
This distance learning, QQI accredited course means that Students can study flexibly at home, or at any convenient place and time, and can gain a nationally accredited Qualification.
Topics covered include:
- Communication concepts and theories
- Sales Promotions
- Public Relations
- Personal Selling
- Direct Marketing.
Entry Requirements / Prerequisites:
Level 5 certificate or equivalent in a relevant subject area (Business) and/or relevant practical experience (3 years minimum) – Please ask about our requirements surrounding Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) for entry.
Mature students (over 23 years) may be exempt from the above prerequisites.
English Language Requirement: Students entering programmes leading to awards at Level 6 are expected to be able to: fluently read, draft, prepare and understand complex information, including quantitative information, that is personally relevant and reflecting a broad knowledge base. For example, this might include text and other information relating to abstract theoretical ideas, concerns or procedures, such as local planning concerns in relation to broader spatial strategy, political issues in relation to particular agenda, budget plans/ specifications.
All students will be required to record their oral presentations on video so the tutor can review your presentation style and provide better feedback.
Learners undertaking this programme must have basic IT skills and access to the necessary equipment to enable them to undertake an online programme: computer, broadband, email, Microsoft, recording equipment necessary for some skills demonstration tasks, and where applicable any other specialised software/equipment.
As this programme is delivered through distance learning or eLearning, students must be capable of studying on their own initiative.
For more details on participation suitability of this course click here».
Progression to further Studies:
- This course leads to a level 6 award on the National Framework of Qualifications.
- Students who successfully complete this programme may use this Level 6 credit towards many QQI Advanced Major Award Certificate including: Management (Ref. 6M4587), Administration (6M5013) & Sports, Recreation and Exercise (6M5147).
The course is assessed by the completion of a Project that requires candidates to demonstrate the ability to develop a marketing communications plan which will cover all aspects of the course.
All work submitted must be your own work. There is no exam with this course.
As part of our quality assurance, student assessment work will be marked by an Internal Assessor, validated by a Verifier with an independent QQI External Authenticator to complete the process.
- Following successful completion you will receive a QQI Level 6 component Certificate in Marketing and Communications (N32644).
- QQI (Quality & Qualifications Ireland) is the national awarding body for further education and training in Ireland. The Open College is registered with QQI to offer programmes leading to QQI awards in the National Framework of Qualifications in Ireland. Click here for details of the National Framework of Qualifications.
- Click here for more detailed Accreditation information.
- All Registration & Certification Fees are included in the course price. No other fees to pay.
This Marketing Communications QQI Level 6 – 6N4370 course is completed through distance learning and there are no lectures to attend.
Students can complete this course within 8 weeks which is ample time and can start it at any time of the year that is convenient. If students need to extend this period for any reason during or near the end of the course they can request an extension through the college.