Customer Service Course (QQI level 6)
— or €159.00 / month for 2 months
- Award Achieved: QQI Level 6 component Certificate in Customer Service (6N0697).
- NFQ Credit Value: 15 Credits.
- Format: Distance Learning course supported with fully qualified tutors & accredited by QQI.
- Course Fee: Special Offer price: Only – €314.00 or
- Easy Payments: Only €159 per month over 2 months with our unrivalled Easy Payment Plans. First payment is taken upon enrolment and second / final payment a month later.
- Course fee includes all documentation, lecturing, assessments, learner registration and QQI certification fees. No other fees to pay!
- Students can complete this course within 8 weeks which is ample time and can start it at any time of the year that is convenient.
- No classes to attend.
This QQI Level 6 Customer Service course is designed to enable the learner to gain a detailed understanding of the customer service function within an organisation and to facilitate the development of effective customer service skills. The programme is suitable for persons already working in a customer services role who would like a recognised qualification to support their practical experience.
It is also suitable for persons that are new to the customer services function and have no prior knowledge of the role, who would like to enhance their curriculum vitae and employment options with additional knowledge, skills and qualifications.
Learners who successfully complete this module will:
- appreciate the importance of the customer to an organisation
- understand the role and responsibilities of the frontline representative of an organisation
- understand the team work necessary to meet customer needs and expectations
- be familiar with relevant legislation
- develop a customer oriented quality service consistent with best practice and standards.
This distance learning, QQI accredited course means that Students can study flexibly at home, or at any convenient place and time, and can gain an internationally recognised Qualification.
Topics covered include:
- Organisations and their Customers
- Targeting the Customer
- Principles of Customer Service
- Customer Contact Skills
- Setting and Monitoring Customer Service Standards
- Consumer Protection
- Specialist Option
- Developing a Customer Service Programme for Staff.
Entry Requirements / Prerequisites:
Level 5 certificate or equivalent in a relevant subject area and/or relevant practical experience (3 years minimum) – Please ask about our requirements surrounding Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) for entry.
Mature students (over 23 years) may be exempt from the above prerequisites.
English Language Requirement: Students entering programmes leading to awards at Level 6 are expected to be able to: fluently read, draft, prepare and understand complex information, including quantitative information, that is personally relevant and reflecting a broad knowledge base. For example, this might include text and other information relating to abstract theoretical ideas, concerns or procedures, such as local planning concerns in relation to broader spatial strategy, political issues in relation to particular agenda, budget plans/ specifications.
All students will be required to record their oral presentations on video so the tutor can review your presentation style and provide better feedback.
Learners undertaking this programme must have basic IT skills and access to the necessary equipment to enable them to undertake an online programme: computer, broadband, email, Microsoft, recording equipment necessary for some skills demonstration tasks, and where applicable any other specialised software/equipment.
As this programme is delivered through distance learning or eLearning, students must be capable of studying on their own initiative.
For more details on participation suitability of this course click here».
Portfolio/Collection of Work 50%
Skills Demonstration 50%
Portfolio/Collection of Work
Students will be required to complete a total of 4 tasks that will be complied together to make up their Portfolio/Collection of Work report. It will contain the following:
- Defining Key terms of Customer Service.
- Evaluate Principles and practice of customer service.
- Evaluate how organisational policies and industry-specific quality assurance systems.
- Key elements of consumer legislation in Ireland, similar legislation in another country.
- Describing the formal processes and organisations available to customers.
- Creating two organisational charts.
- Market research and data collection methods.
- Measuring customer satisfaction.
Students are required to complete a total of 3 skills demonstration tasks as per instructions outlined below.
Research and produce a written description of a customer service program for staff. Use this research as the basis for what you will discuss in your presentation for task (2).
Candidates are required to deliver an oral presentation on a customer service program for staff. This should be recorded on video and evidence submitted to the college. The presentation will be at least 15-20 mins duration and you should support your work with at least 15-20 PowerPoint slides.
Produce evidence of your research and use of technical/ vocational, personal, literary, and written and visual media texts. Include a good mix of text identifying the processes used and include references for same.
There is no exam with this course.
As part of our quality assurance, student assessment work will be marked by an Internal Assessor, validated by a Verifier with an independent QQI External Authenticator to complete the process.
- Following successful completion you will receive a QQI Level 6 component Certificate in Customer Service (6N0697) from QQI.
- QQI (Quality & Qualifications Ireland) is the national awarding body for further education and training in Ireland. The Open College is registered with QQI to offer programmes leading to QQI awards in the National Framework of Qualifications in Ireland. Click here for details of the National Framework of Qualifications.
- Click here for more detailed Accreditation information.
- All Registration & Certification Fees are included in the course price. No other fees to pay.
This QQI Customer Service 6N0697 course is completed through Distance Learning and there are no lectures to attend.
Students can complete this course within 8 weeks which is ample time and can start it at any time of the year that is convenient. If students need to extend this period for any reason during or near the end of the course they can request an extension through the college.