Activities of Living Patient Care Course – (QQI Lvl 5)
— or €148.00 / month for 2 months
- Award Achieved: QQI Level 5 component Certificate in Activities of Living Patient Care (5N3707).
- NFQ Credit Value: 15 credits.
- Format: Online eLearning course supported with fully qualified tutors & accredited by QQI.
- Course Fee: Special Offer price: Only – €295.00 or
- Easy Payments: Only €148 per month over 2 months with our unrivalled Easy Payment Plans. Enrol using your Debit / Credit Card or call us on (+353) 1 206 1828 to avail of this offer.
- Course fee includes all documentation, lecturing, assessments, learner registration and QQI certification fees. No other fees to pay!
- Students can complete this course within 8 weeks which is ample time and can start it at any time of the year that is convenient.
- Student work placement Insurance covered at no extra cost.
- Garda Vetting Provided.
- No classes to attend.
This Activities of Living Patient Care award will:
- Facilitate the learner to gain understanding of the Activities of Living and its application to client care.
- Facilitate the learner to gain knowledge and competency in the delivery of holistic care to clients/patients and understand the importance of promoting of quality of life for client /patient.
- Facilitate the learner to gain the theoretical knowledge and practical skills in performing clinical procedures and patient care procedures in a competent, safe and hygienic manner.
This distance learning, QQI accredited course means that Students can study flexibly at home, or at any convenient place and time, and can gain a nationally accredited Qualification. Students receive a comprehensive Course Manual, Assignments, Efficient Studyguide, and unlimited one-to-one Tutor Support for the course duration.
Topics Covered Include:
Unit One: Activities of Living
Unit Two: Part A – Caring for the Patient/Client Utilising Activities of Living.
Unit Two: Part B – Caring for the Patient/Client Utilising Activities of Living.
Entry Requirements / Prerequisites:
Leaving certificate, Level 4 certificate or equivalent in a relevant subject area (Healthcare) and/or relevant practical experience (3 years minimum) – Please ask about our requirements surrounding Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) for entry.
Mature students (over 23 years) may be exempt from the above prerequisites.
Students must be working or on work experience in the Healthcare Sector (6-8 hours per week or 30 hours in total) throughout their course as assignments will require learners to draw upon practical experience.
English Language Requirement: Students entering programmes leading to awards at Level 5 are expected to be able to: be proficient at reading, drafting, preparing and understanding information across a broad range of topics, including quantitative information.
Learners undertaking this programme must have basic IT skills and access to the necessary equipment to enable them to undertake an online programme: computer, broadband, email, Microsoft, recording equipment necessary for some skills demonstration tasks, and where applicable any other specialised software/equipment.
As this programme is delivered through distance learning or eLearning, students must be capable of studying on their own initiative.
Garda Vetting will be required any workplacement within the Care Sector. The Open College is an approved Garda Vetting organisation and can assist with this if required. Please ask for details.
For more details on participation suitability of this course click here».
Skills Demonstration – 60% of Marks
Project – 40% of Marks
Skills Demonstration: The Learner will be observed in a range of clinical skills demonstrating good patient care, a written report will also be submitted for each skill undertaken.
Project: The Learner will produce a Project which shows understanding and application of the activities of living in the provision of holistic individualised care to a client / patient within the healthcare setting. Findings of project are analysed, evaluated, reflected upon and makes recommendations with project supported with relevant research.
Pass 50 – 64%
Merit 65 – 79%
Distinction 80 – 100%
- Following successful completion you will receive a QQI Level 5 component Certificate in Activities of Living Patient Care (5N3707).
- QQI (Quality & Qualifications Ireland) is the national awarding body for further education and training in Ireland. The Open College is registered with QQI to offer programmes leading to QQI awards in the National Framework of Qualifications in Ireland. Click here for details of the National Framework of Qualifications.
- Click here for more detailed Accreditation information.
- All Registration & Certification Fees are included in the course price. No other fees to pay.
This QQI Activities of Living Patient Care 5N3707 course is completed through Distance Learning and there are no lectures to attend.
Students can complete this course within 8 weeks which is ample time and can start it at any time of the year that is convenient. If students need to extend this period for any reason during or near the end of the course they can request an extension through the college.