Mental Health Course (QQI Level 6)
— or €159.00 / month for 2 months
- Our online learning QQI Mental Health Awareness course is designed for a broad spectrum of health care workers or individuals who would benefit from a greater understanding of Mental Health. This course covers topics such as stress, phobias, anxiety, eating disorders, and schizophrenia among others – all conditions under the topic mental health.
- How is it delivered? Online Learning with flexible part-time study from your own home. No classes to attend.
- What QQI award do I receive? On successful completion of this 8 week module you will gain a QQI Level 6 component Certificate in Mental Health Awareness (6N2209).
- How long is the Mental Health Course? Students are given ample time (8 weeks) to complete the course and can start it at any time of the year.
- What does it cost? The full course fee is €314 and includes all documentation, lecturing, assessments, learner registration and QQI certification fees. No other enrolment fees to pay!
- There is also an Easy Payment option of – €159 per month over 2 months with our unrivaled Easy Payment Plans.
- Garda Vetting is also provided at no extra cost.
This distance learning QQI Mental Health Awareness course is designed for a broad spectrum of health care workers or individuals who would benefit from a greater understanding of Mental Health. This course covers topics such as stress, phobias, anxiety, eating disorders, and schizophrenia among others – all conditions under the topic mental health.
- acquire an understanding of the theoretical background associated with mental health issues
- be made aware of the moral, ethical and legal considerations associated with mental health
- be familiar with the theories and types of mental illness
- understand the positive and negative factors which may affect your mental health and to gain insight into the strategies for the promotion of positive mental health
- understand and appreciate the various treatment approaches from a biopsychosocial perspective
- be able to apply this knowledge in the workplace and in everyday life.
This distance learning, QQI accredited course means that Students can study flexibly at home, or at any convenient place and time, and can gain a nationally accredited Qualification.
Students receive a comprehensive Course Manual, Assignments, Efficient Studyguide, and unlimited one-to-one Tutor Support for the course duration. If students require extra time to complete the course they can apply for an extension.
Assignments may be emailed or posted to the College whichever is more convenient.
The specific learning outcomes are grouped into 4 units.
- Unit 1: What is Mental Health?
- Unit 2: Realities of Mental Illness.
- Unit 3: Intervention and Treatment Approaches.
- Unit 4: Recovery and Advocacy.
Entry Requirements / Prerequisites:
Level 5 or equivalent in a relevant subject area (Healthcare) and/or relevant practical experience (3 years minimum) – Please ask about our requirements surrounding Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) for entry.
Mature students (over 23 years) may be exempt from the above prerequisites.
English Language Requirement: Students entering programmes leading to awards at Level 6 are expected to be able to: fluently read, draft, prepare and understand complex information, including quantitative information, that is personally relevant and reflecting a broad knowledge base. For example, this might include text and other information relating to abstract theoretical ideas, concerns or procedures, such as local planning concerns in relation to broader spatial strategy, political issues in relation to particular agenda, budget plans/ specifications.
Learners undertaking this programme must have basic IT skills and access to the necessary equipment to enable them to undertake an online programme: computer, broadband, email, Microsoft, recording equipment necessary for some skills demonstration tasks, and where applicable any other specialised software/equipment.
As this programme is delivered through distance learning or eLearning, students must be capable of studying on their own initiative.
For more details on participation suitability of this course click here».
Progression to further Studies:
- Learners who successfully complete this QQI Level 6 programme in Mental Health Awareness (6N2209) may use this certificate to towards the completion of other courses within this field such as: Social and Vocational Integration (6M2218) and Inclusive Education and Training (6M2263).
This Certificate can also be used as a standalone qualification.
Learner Record 50%
A personal journal will be compiled by candidates. It will include a record of how the candidate integrates the knowledge and understanding of mental health issues into their daily work. The journal should show a record of how the candidate recognises the symptoms and characteristics of mental illness, the impact of mental illness on the individual and how they integrated strategies to improve mental health and aid recovery.
The internal assessor will devise a project brief that requires candidates to demonstrate a broad knowledge and understanding of the key learning outcomes. Candidates will be required to research a range of documents which will be supplied and integrate this knowledge and understanding into a comprehensive project.
- Following successful completion you will receive a QQI Level 6 component Certificate in Mental Health Awareness (6N2209).
- QQI (Quality & Qualifications Ireland) is the national awarding body for further education and training in Ireland. The Open College is registered with QQI to offer programmes leading to QQI awards on the National Framework of Qualifications in Ireland. Click here for details of the National Framework of Qualifications.
- Click here for more detailed Accreditation information.
- All Registration & Certification Fees are included in the course price. No other fees to pay.
This QQI Mental Health 6N2209 course is completed through Distance Learning and there are no lectures to attend.
Students can complete this course within 8 weeks which is ample time and can start it at any time of the year that is convenient. If students need to extend this period for any reason during or near the end of the course they can request an extension through the college.