Business Administration Course (QQI Level 5)
— or €159.00 / month for 2 months
- Our online learning QQI Level 5 Business Administration module has been developed to prepare learners for a junior administrative position in an organisation. It is also intended to prepare the learner for further study in the related areas.
- What QQI award do I receive? On successful completion of this module you will gain a QQI Level 5 Certificate in Business Administration (5N1610).
- NFQ Credit Value: 15 Credits.
- How is it delivered? Online Learning with flexible part-time study from your own home.
- How long is the Course? Students are given ample time (8 weeks) to complete the course and can start it at any time of the year.
- What does it cost? The full course fee is €314 and includes all documentation, lecturing, assessments, learner registration and QQI certification fees. No other enrolment fees to pay!
- There is also an Easy Payment option of – €159 per month over 2 months with our unrivaled Easy Payment Plans. Enrol using your Debit / Credit Card or call us on (+353) 1 206 1828 to avail of this offer
- Study from Home – No classes to attend.
Our distance learning QQI Level 5 Business Administration course has been developed to prepare learners for a junior administrative position in an organisation. It is also intended to prepare the learner for further study in the related areas. It has been developed as one of the mandatory modules for the Level 5 Certificate in Business Studies – Administration. This module can also be taken as an elective vocational module on a range of awards.
Course documentation for this QQI accredited course is detailed, comprehensive and easy to read. This distance learning QQI accredited course means that students can study flexibly at home or at work, while gaining an Internationally Recognised Qualification.
Topics covered include:
- Unit 1: The Organisation
- Unit 2: Finance, Money, Banking and Foreign Exchange
- Unit 3: Human Resources
- Unit 4: Preparing for Meetings
- Unit 5: Processing Business Documents.
Who should complete this course?
- Students who wish to receive a Level 5 qualification in Business Administration.
- People who wish to pursue a career and work in the field of Administration.
Entry Requirements / Prerequisites:
Leaving certificate, Level 4 certificate or equivalent in a relevant subject area (Business or Finance) and/or relevant practical experience (3 years minimum) – Please ask about our requirements surrounding Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) for entry.
Mature students (over 23 years) may be exempt from the above prerequisites.
English Language Requirement: Students entering programmes leading to awards at Level 5 are expected to be able to: be proficient at reading, drafting, preparing and understanding information across a broad range of topics, including quantitative information.
Learners undertaking this programme must have basic IT skills and access to the necessary equipment to enable them to undertake an online programme: computer, broadband, email, Microsoft, recording equipment necessary for some skills demonstration tasks, and where applicable any other specialised software/equipment.
As this programme is delivered through distance learning or eLearning, students must be capable of studying on their own initiative.
For more details on participation suitability of this course click here».
Progression to further Studies:
- This course leads to a level 5 award on the National Framework of Qualifications.
- Students who successfully complete this programme may use this Level 5 credit towards completing a Major FETAC award in Business Administration 6M4587.
This course is assessed through a number of assignments which students must complete to demonstrate their understanding of various topics.
Assignments (2) 60%
Examination (Theory-Based) 40%
Assignment 1: The brief for the first assignment will require candidates to investigate and critically evaluate a meeting they attended in the recent past. A description of the meeting under investigation should include the venue, objective, participants, outcomes and results. The student’s own personal development needs in the area of meetings should also be evaluated.
Assignment 2: The student must collect business type data from a business publication (e.g. newspaper, magazine or web site). The student will use this information to create a graph. The data must have two sets of variables and at least 10 sets of information. They must explain what the date is about, who may need it, and what the information is telling the user. The student must also identify any trends and explain what the graph is telling the user, critically evaluate the information presented. Findings should be clearly presented with an introduction, conclusion and pages numbered. The student should include all source documents.
Examination (Theory-Based) 40%: The internal assessor has devised an online theory-based examination that assesses candidates’ ability to recall and apply theory and understanding, requiring responses to a range of short answer and structured questions. These questions may be answered in different media such as in writing or orally.
The examination will be based on a range of specific learning outcomes and will be 2 hours in duration.
The format of the examination will be as follows:
- Section A:
10 short answer questions
Candidates are required to answer 10 (2 marks each).
- Section B:
2 structured questions
Candidates are required to answer 2 (10 marks each).
- Following successful completion you will receive a QQI Level 5 component Certificate in Business Administration (5N1610).
- QQI (Quality & Qualifications Ireland) is the national awarding body for further education and training in Ireland. The Open College is registered with QQI to offer programmes leading to QQI awards in the National Framework of Qualifications in Ireland. Click here for details of the National Framework of Qualifications.
- Click here for more detailed Accreditation information.
- All Registration & Certification Fees are included in the course price. No other fees to pay.
This QQI Business Administration 5N1610 course is completed through Distance Learning and there are no lectures to attend.
Students can complete this course within 8 weeks which is ample time and can start it at any time of the year that is convenient. If students need to extend this period for any reason during or near the end of the course they can request an extension through the college.