Project Management Course (QQI Level 6)
— or €159.00 / month for 2 months
- Award Achieved: QQI Level 6 component Certificate in Project Management (6N4090).
- NFQ Credit Value: 15 credits.
- Format: Distance Learnin course supported with fully qualified tutors & accredited by QQI.
- Course Fee: Special Offer price: Only – €314.00 or
- Easy Payments: Only €159 per month over 2 months with our unrivalled Easy Payment Plans. Enrol using your Debit / Credit Card or call us on (+353) 1 206 1828 to avail of this offer.
- Course fee includes all documentation, lecturing, assessments, learner registration and QQI certification fees. No other fees to pay!
- Students can complete this course within 8 weeks which is ample time and can start it at any time of the year that is convenient.
- No classes to attend.
This online QQI Level 6 Project Management 6N4090 course will equip the learner with the essential knowledge, skills and competencies to plan, implement and review projects. Its aim is to enable the learner to gain an understanding of best practice theory, principles and practices required to efficiently take responsibility for their role in a project. The programme content will focus on practical guidelines which will be applicable to a wide range of projects regardless of industry type.
This distance learning, QQI accredited course means that Students can study flexibly at home, or at any convenient place and time, and can gain an Internationally Recognised Qualification. The course is designed for those working in Large Companies, SMEs or the Public Sector.
Students receive a comprehensive Course Manual, Assignments, Project Management Tools and Templates, Efficient Studyguide, and unlimited one-to-one Tutor Support for the course duration.
Topics covered include:
Unit 1 – Project Management Environment
Students will get an introduction to:
- Project characteristics and how projects relate to the wider organisational context
- Project roles, responsibilities and stakeholders
- Constraints and project success criteria
- Project methodologies and lifecycle approaches.
Unit 2 – Starting Up a Project
Students will understand:
- How to turn a project brief into a project mandate
- Tools and techniques to perform a Needs Analysis
- The information-gathering effort and various decision-making techniques to propose an initial scope
- How to build an initial Business Case and refine it as the project progresses.
Unit 3 – Planning a Project
Students will be able to:
- Apply scheduling techniques including Work Breakdown Structure
- Use a variety of tools to plan costs and to set a budget baseline
- Define a complete project scope as well as a change management policy
- Plan communications and the project reporting process.
Unit 4 – Managing a Project
Students will develop skills aimed at:
- Forming and leading a project team including resolving conflict
- Working through the procurement and managing suppliers
- Evaluating and managing changes proposed
- Using Project Management systems and configuration techniques
Unit 5 – Monitoring and Controlling a Project
Students will develop skills aimed at:
- Applying Quality Assurance and Quality Control to a project
- Defining, allocating and mitigating risks and acting on issues
- Using tools and techniques to evaluate a project’s performance
- Rectifying a project’s performance by applying and monitoring improvements.
Unit 6 – Closing a Project
Students will gain an understanding of:
- When is an early project closure recommended
- Confirming that the final project and/or product deliverables match the agreed initial scope and subsequent approved change(s)
- Defining a project’s final performance indicators
- Capturing lessons learnt and assessing the processes used.
Who should complete this course?
- Business Project Managers, IT Project Managers and Project Leaders who wish to formalise their skills.
- Aspiring or newly appointed Project Managers.
Entry Requirements / Prerequisites:
- Leaving Cert or equivalent, and/or relevant life or work experience.
- Candidates should have the opportunity to practice project management skills on a work-related project but this not necessary. The alternative option will be using a Project scenario created by your tutor.
- As this programme is delivered through distance learning, students must be capable of studying on their own initiative.
- If you take this course by eLearning you will need basic IT skills and have access to broadband.
Progression to further Studies:
- This course leads to a level 6 award on the National Framework of Qualifications.
- Students who successfully complete this programme may use this Level 6 credit towards the FETAC/QQI Advanced Certificate in Business Management Programme (Ref. 6M4587).
- This course is assessed through two Assignments and a Portfolio/Collection of Work which is collated and prepared at the end of each unit. These briefs will be used to access your project management skills including setting up a project, running a project, controlling change, managing people aspects, and planning and monitoring a project.
- All work submitted must be your own work. There is no exam with this course.
- As part of our quality assurance, student assessment work will be marked by an Internal Assessor, validated by a Verifier with an independent QQI External Authenticator to complete the process.
- Following successful completion you will receive a QQI Level 6 component Certificate in Project Management (6N4090).
- QQI (Quality & Qualifications Ireland) is the national awarding body for further education and training in Ireland. The Open College is registered with QQI to offer programmes leading to QQI awards in the National Framework of Qualifications in Ireland. Click here for details of the National Framework of Qualifications.
- Click here for more detailed Accreditation information.
- All Registration & Certification Fees are included in the course price. No other fees to pay.
This QQI Level 6 Project Management 6N4090 course is completed through Online eLearning and there are no lectures to attend.
Students can complete this course within 8 weeks which is ample time and can start it at any time of the year that is convenient. If students need to extend this period for any reason during or near the end of the course they can request an extension through the college.