Work Experience (QQI Level 5)
— or €148.00 / month for 2 months
- Award Achieved: QQI Level 5 component Certificate in Work Experience (5N1356).
- NFQ Credit Value: 15 credits.
- Format: Online eLearning course supported with fully qualified tutors & accredited by QQI.
- Course Fee: Special Offer price: Only – €295.00 or
- Easy Payments: Only €148 per month over 2 months with our unrivalled Easy Payment Plans. Enrol using your Debit / Credit Card or call us on (+353) 1 206 1828 to avail of this offer.
- Course fee includes all documentation, lecturing, assessments, learner registration and QQI certification fees. No other fees to pay!
- Students can complete this course within 12 weeks which is ample time and can start it at any time of the year that is convenient.
- No classes to attend.
Work Experience is a planned experiential learning activity and is an integral part of an educational process. It involves learners preparing and planning for work, working under direction in a specific vocational area and reviewing and evaluating that work. The experience of work enables learners to develop work skills, evaluate employment opportunities and cope with changing work environments.
Learners who successfully complete this course will:
- develop critical awareness of the changing nature of work
- set achievable goals for work experience
- utilise learning opportunities presented in the work environment
- apply work skills to consolidate learning in the vocational area
- understand how work is planned and organised at different levels in a specific vocational area
- appreciate the importance of safety and welfare in the workplace
- develop capabilities, both personal and vocational, to successfully meet challenges in the workplace
- review career choices in the light of their own aspirations, experience, abilities and available options
- explore future employment opportunities (including opportunities for self employment, contract work, work in the social economy, etc).
This distance learning, QQI accredited course means that Students can study flexibly at home, or at any convenient place and time, and can gain a nationally accredited Qualification.
Students receive a comprehensive Course Manual, Assignments, Efficient Studyguide, and unlimited one-to-one Tutor Support for the course duration.
Topics covered include:
Unit 1: Planning and Preparation
Unit 2: Experience
Unit 3: Review and Evaluation.
- Learners undertaking Placement or Practice modes of work experience must work the equivalent of 150 hours minimum over the duration of the module. The minimum hours must be completed in the placement or practice situation and can be made up of current relevant work, paid or unpaid. Some specific certificate areas may require learners to undertake a more extensive period of work experience.
Entry Requirements / Prerequisites
- Level 4 Certificate, or Leaving Cert, or equivalent, or relevant life and work experience.
- As this programme is delivered through distance learning or eLearning, students must be capable of studying on their own initiative.
- If you take this course by eLearning you will need basic IT skills and have access to broadband.
- For more details on participation suitability of this course click here».
Portfolio/Collection of Work – 60%
Skills Demonstration – 40%
- Following successful completion you will receive a QQI Level 5 component Certificate in Work Experience (5N1356).
- QQI (Quality & Qualifications Ireland) is the national awarding body for further education and training in Ireland. The Open College is registered with QQI to offer programmes leading to QQI awards in the National Framework of Qualifications in Ireland. Click here for details of the National Framework of Qualifications.
- Click here for more detailed Accreditation information.
- All Registration & Certification Fees are included in the course price. No other fees to pay.
This Work Experience – 5N1356 (QQI Level 5) course is completed through Distance Learning and there are no lectures to attend.
Students can complete this course within 12 weeks which is ample time and can start it at any time of the year that is convenient. If students need to extend this period for any reason during or near the end of the course they can request an extension through the college.