Human Resources Course (QQI Level 6)
— or €159.00 / month for 2 months
- The purpose of our online learning QQI Level 6 Human Resources course is for the learner to develop an understanding of human resource management, to equip the learner with the knowledge, skill and competence in human resource management principles, to enable the learner to apply these to the planning, organising, implementation, evaluation and revision of human resource management practices, for the attainment of organisational goals.
- What QQI award do I receive? On successful completion of this module you will gain a QQI Level 6 component Certificate in Human Resources (6N3750).
- NFQ Credit Value: 15 Credits.
- How is it delivered? Online Learning with flexible part-time study from your own home.
- How long is the HR Course? Students are given ample time (8 weeks) to complete the course and can start it at any time of the year.
- What does it cost? The full course fee is €314 and includes all documentation, lecturing, assessments, learner registration and QQI certification fees. No other enrolment fees to pay!
- There is also an Easy Payment option of – €159 per month over 2 months with our unrivaled Easy Payment Plans. Enrol using your Debit / Credit Card or call us on (+353) 1 206 1828 to avail of this offer
- Study from Home – No classes to attend.
The purpose of this QQI Level 6 Human Resources award is for the learner to develop an understanding of human resource management, to equip the learner with the knowledge, skill and competence in human resource management principles, to enable the learner to apply these to the planning, organising, implementation, evaluation and revision of human resource management practices, for the attainment of organisational goals.
During this comprehensive course the learner will:
- study the principles of strategic HRM and aligning it with the companies business strategies and objectives.
- explore the nature of HR planning strategies for dealing with the current labour market
- understand the role HR plays in recruitment; training development & performance management; policy & procedure and industrial relations in a business environment
- apply the principles of motivation and management through the studies of various theorists. The role motivation and performance plays in remuneration, benefits and reward systems
- be taught how to make informed decisions regarding IT HR systems.
This distance learning, QQI accredited course means that Students can study flexibly at home, or at any convenient place and time, and can gain an Internationally Recognised Qualification.
The specific learning outcomes are grouped into six units:
- Unit 1: Introduction to Human Resource Management
- Unit 2: Human Resources Planning, Forecasting and The Labour Market
- Unit 3: Recruitment & Selection, Equality Legislation
- Unit 4: Management, Motivation, Performance and Reward Systems
- Unit 5: Learning, Training and Development
- Unit 6: Employment Law, IR, IS, Policy, Admin, Data Protection and Pensions.
Entry Requirements / Prerequisites:
Level 5 certificate or equivalent in a relevant subject area (Business) and/or relevant practical experience (3 years minimum) – Please ask about our requirements surrounding Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) for entry.
Mature students (over 23 years) may be exempt from the above prerequisites.
English Language Requirement: Students entering programmes leading to awards at Level 6 are expected to be able to: fluently read, draft, prepare and understand complex information, including quantitative information, that is personally relevant and reflecting a broad knowledge base. For example, this might include text and other information relating to abstract theoretical ideas, concerns or procedures, such as local planning concerns in relation to broader spatial strategy, political issues in relation to particular agenda, budget plans/ specifications.
All students will be required to record their oral presentations on video so the tutor can review your presentation style and provide better feedback.
Learners undertaking this programme must have basic IT skills and access to the necessary equipment to enable them to undertake an online programme: computer, broadband, email, Microsoft, recording equipment necessary for some skills demonstration tasks, and where applicable any other specialised software/equipment.
As this programme is delivered through distance learning or eLearning, students must be capable of studying on their own initiative.
For more details on participation suitability of this course click here».
Learners are assessed over the duration of this module and will include as follows.
Skills Demonstration 30%
Examination – Theory
This online 2 hour supervised examination will be based on a range of specific learning outcomes that were covered during the course. The format will be split into 2 sections A & B
12 short answer questions. Candidates are required to answer 12 (2 marks each)
2 structured questions. Candidates are required to answer 2 (8 marks each)
Candidates are required to carry out a critical evaluation of the recruitment and selection process in an organisation they are familiar with. Requirements: Min 3,000 words and Short presentation of findings on powerpoint. Included will be:
- Identifying the Labour Market trends that affect work placement
- The value of job analysis in the work placement
- Evaluation of the selection method employed by the work placement
- Evidence that records were maintained throughout the processs
- Analysis of the impact of relevant legislation when conducting the work placement
- Critical evaluation of the recruitment & selection process in the work place.
Candidate is asked to conduct a skills analysis on a group or team that they are familiar with. The Learner will be asked to:
- Identify a common training need.
- Design a programme to meet that need.
- Prepare and deliver the training event.
- Provide any support material required.
- Evaluate the training.
Pass 50 – 64%
Merit 65 – 79%
Distinction 80 – 100%
- Following successful completion you will receive a QQI Level 6 component Certificate in Human Resources (6N3750).
- QQI (Quality & Qualifications Ireland) is the national awarding body for further education and training in Ireland. The Open College is registered with QQI to offer programmes leading to QQI awards in the National Framework of Qualifications in Ireland. Click here for details of the National Framework of Qualifications.
- Click here for more detailed Accreditation information.
- All Registration & Certification Fees are included in the course price. No other fees to pay.
This Human Resources 6N3750 course is completed through Distance Learning and there are no lectures to attend.
Students can complete this course within 8 weeks which is ample time and can start it at any time of the year that is convenient. If students need to extend this period for any reason during or near the end of the course they can request an extension through the college.