Training & Development – QQI Special Purpose Award
— or €232.00 / month for 3 months
- Award Achieved: QQI Level 6 Training and Development Special Purpose Award (6S3372).
- NFQ Credit Value: 30 Credits.
- Delivery Format: Full Online eLearning course supported with fully qualified tutors & accredited by QQI.
- Course Fee: Only – €695 or
- Easy Payments Special Offer – €232.00 per month over 3 months with our unrivaled Easy Payment Plan. Enrol using your Debit / Credit Card or call us on (+353) 1 206 1828 to avail of this offer.
- Course fee includes all documentation, lecturing, exams, learner registration and QQI certification fees. No other fees to pay.
- Two modules can be completed over two 8 week duration’s (16 weeks in total) which is ample time and students can start it at any time of the year that is convenient.
- No classes to attend.
The purpose of this online eLearning QQI Training and Development – Special Purpose Award (6S3372) is to develop an understanding of the methodologies and processes available to approach Training Needs Identifications and Design. We will do this by equipping you with the knowledge, skill and competence to identify training and development needs. You will achieve this based on specific goals, within an organisation and or at an individual level and go on to Design, Plan and Implement a training schedule. You will explore the scope of training delivery and development design to meet those needs.
You will learn the concepts and theories of delivery and evaluation and understand how this is applied to ensure effectiveness of a training session. We will explore the legislation associated with ensuring equality and fairness for all trainees regardless of their ethnic background or disability. You will develop skills at evaluation models, approaches, techniques and tools as well as a range of training aids. We will teach how to approach the provision of constructive feedback to participants as well as specialised training delivery and evaluation skills. Finally you will review the training evaluation process.
This QQI level 6 Special Purpose Award is a combination of two QQI module awards:
Course documentation for this course is detailed, comprehensive and easy to read. This distance learning QQI accredited course means that students can study flexibly at home, or at work, while gaining an Internationally Recognised Qualification.
Learners have a qualified and experienced Tutor / Lecturer whose role is to deliver the course, and provide you with support throughout the duration of the programme. The Open College is registered with QQI to offer programmes leading to QQI awards in the National Framework of Qualifications in Ireland.
This course is fully delivered through our industry leading eLearning platform with learning formats that include for example – tutor videos, written course work and quizzes.
Module 1: QQI Train the Trainer (Training Delivery and Evaluation) – 6N3326.
Unit 1: The Theory of Training and Evaluation of Learning
- Adult Learning Theories
- Instructional Design Theories
- Effective Training Delivery Theories and Techniques
- Objectives of Training Evaluation for Adults.
Unit 2: Training Delivery Planning and Preparation
- Group dynamics
- Dealing with Disruptive Behaviour
- The Role of the Trainer
- Delivery Planning
Unit 3: Diversity and Legislation
- Managing Diversity
- Equality in training
- Legislation governing Equality and Diversity.
Unit 4: IT Technologies.
- Instruction Design Models
- Using IT Technologies as part of your evaluation platform.
Unit 5: Methods of Delivery and Assessment
- Training Strategies
- Training Delivery methodologies
- Formative Assessment
- Summative Assessment
- Assessment Techniques
- Planning Assessment.
Unit 6: Evaluation of Training
- Evaluating a Training Programme
- Evaluation Techniques
- Programme Review.
Module 2: QQI Training Needs Identification and Design (6N3325)
- How to assess the organisations internal culture and work environment
- Assess how these processes, standards and attitudes will impact on your training assessment and design.
- Identifying the business structure and how this impacts on training design (Case Studies of).
- Presenting a design solution that supports the internal cultural and corporate standards, with a focus on what your audience perceives to be important.
- Translating how you will approach the delivery of a training solution into the language of the organization you are working for with their priorities and key performance indicators in mind.
- The History of training and education and the difference between them.
- The influencing factors and purpose of training
- The theorists that outlined the approaches to learning and personal development
- How to apply the theories in your approach to training.
- The benefits of a structured approach to TNA, Quality, Cost and Time.
- Training Needs Analysis (TNA) Methodologies.
- Work Breakdown Structures (WBS) and other methods.
- Capturing the correct information in sufficient quantity to be representative of the training required.
- Changing the perception of training and what it delivers
- Presentation of the training solution in tangible terms to the organisation.
- Identification and Assessment of training based on performance goals.
- Creating an environment that supports the application of new knowledge and skills after training has been complete
- Identify Problem Needs.
- Determine Design of Needs Analysis.
- Collect Data.
- Analysing Data.
- Providing Feedback
- Developing an Action Plan.
- The ISD model which is also known as ADDIE
- Kirkpatrick’s 4 Levels of Training Evaluation
- Merrill’s First Principles of Instruction
- Kemp’s Instructional Design Model.
- The Theory of Training and How Adults Learn.
- How to set objectives and what mediums to use to achieve these objectives.
- Designing assessments and exercises and how to deliver them.
- Using Learning Aids, where, when and how.
- How locations and facilities effect learning.
- How to develop your presentation content, users guides, manuals and handouts, through multiple forms of media.
- Using modern interfaces, Tablets, PC’s, MAC’s, Interactive E-Books, and On-Line tools.
- Personal Development Planning.
- Cascading Performance Goals.
- Performance management – Plan, Act, Review, Recognise.
Who should complete this QQI course?
- Experienced Trainers and Consultants.
- Those who wish to become a certified trainer or planning a career in Training & Development.
- Team Managers/Leaders.
- Staff involved in Training Delivery and Design.
- Those involved in training, delivery, design or assessment.
- Trainers who want to deliver training for National Training organisations – SOLAS, ETB’s etc.
- Training and HR personnel in large organisations.
Entry Requirements / Prerequisites:
- Leaving Cert or equivalent, and/or relevant life or work experience.
- Proficient in Spoken and Written English.
- Participants must be working in or have access to a workplace where they will be able to complete a Training Needs Analysis and a Training Plan.
- Recording equipment is required for the Skills Demonstration assessment as part of the Training, Delivery & Evaluation Module. Students will be required to record a 15 minute training segment which will be sent to the college. If you are unable to complete this recording event we do provide an option for students to come to the College to record the Skills Demonstration. (Contact us for further details).
- As this programme is delivered through distance learning or eLearning, students must be capable of studying on their own initiative.
- If you take this course by eLearning you will need basic IT skills and have access to broadband.
Transfer and Progression to Further Studies:
- Completion of both modules leads to a level 6 Special Purpose award on the National Framework of Qualifications.
- This Programme is assessed through completion of Projects, Skills Demonstration, Learner Record and Assignments.
- As part of our quality assurance, assessment work will be marked by an Internal Assessor, then checked by an Internal Verifier and an independent QQI External Authenticator.
- Following successful completion you will receive a 30 Credit - QQI Level 6 Training and Development Special Purpose Award (6S3372).
- QQI (Quality & Qualifications Ireland) is the national awarding body for further education and training in Ireland. The Open College is registered with QQI to offer programmes leading to QQI awards in the National Framework of Qualifications in Ireland. Click here for details of the National Framework of Qualifications.
- Click here for more detailed Accreditation information.
This QQI Level 6 Training and Development Special Purpose Award course is completed through Distance Learning and there are no lectures to attend.
Students can complete this course within 16 weeks which is ample time and can start it at any time of the year that is convenient. If students need to extend this period for any reason during or near the end of the course they can request an extension through the college.