Personal Effectiveness Course – (QQI Level 5)
€345.00 — or €159.00 / month for 2 months
- Award Achieved: QQI Level 5 component Certificate in Personal Effectiveness (5N1390).
- NFQ Credit Value: 15 credits.
- Format: Distance Learning course supported with fully qualified tutors & accredited by QQI.
- Course Fee: Special Offer price: Only – €314.00 or
- Easy Payments: Only €159 per month over 2 months with our unrivalled Easy Payment Plans. Enrol using your Debit / Credit Card or call us on (+353) 1 206 1828 to avail of this offer.
- Course fee includes all documentation, lecturing, assessments, learner registration and QQI certification fees. No other fees to pay!
- Students can complete this course within 8 weeks which is ample time and can start it at any time of the year that is convenient.
- No classes to attend.
The purpose of this QQI level 5 Personal Effectiveness course is to equip the learner with the knowledge, skill and competence to apply a range of personal and learning skills in a variety of personal, civil and vocational contexts, operating with autonomy while under general direction.
Learners who successfully complete this course will:
- Understand the fundamentals of personal effectiveness.
- Ability to analyse critically how personal roles contribute to the smooth running of organisations.
- Develop appropriate problem solving skills.
- Able to examine how effective groups are formed and managed.
- Critically reflect on how the learner impacts on others and how working with others may impact them.
- Acquire skills to carry out research and collaborative skills.
- Develop the academic and vocational language, literacy and numeracy skills related to Personal Effectiveness through the medium of the indicative content.
- Enable the learner to take responsibility for his/her own learning.
Who should complete this course?
- People who wish to gain a professional, accredited qualification by distance learning.
- The module is designed to offer the learner the opportunity to develop, practise and gain credit for a range of key generic personal and interpersonal skills which are important in dealing with many situations in the workplace.
This distance learning, QQI accredited course means that Students can study flexibly at home, or at any convenient place and time, and can gain an internationally Recognised Qualification.
Students receive a comprehensive Course Manual, Assignments, Efficient Studyguide, and unlimited one-to-one Tutor Support for the course duration.
The specific learning outcomes are grouped into 6 units.
- Unit 1: Organisational Awareness
- Unit 2: The Individual and the Organisation
- Unit 3: Problem Solving
- Unit 4: Presentation Skills
- Unit 5: Effective Meetings Skills
- Unit 6: Participating in Groups.
Entry Requirements / Prerequisites:
Leaving certificate, Level 4 certificate or equivalent in a relevant subject area (Business or Management) and/or relevant practical experience (3 years minimum) – Please ask about our requirements surrounding Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) for entry.
Mature students (over 23 years) may be exempt from the above prerequisites.
English Language Requirement: Students entering programmes leading to awards at Level 5 are expected to be able to: be proficient at reading, drafting, preparing and understanding information across a broad range of topics, including quantitative information.
Learners undertaking this programme must have basic IT skills and access to the necessary equipment to enable them to undertake an online programme: computer, broadband, email, Microsoft, recording equipment necessary for some skills demonstration tasks, and where applicable any other specialised software/equipment.
As this programme is delivered through distance learning or eLearning, students must be capable of studying on their own initiative.
For more details on participation suitability of this course click here».
Skills Demonstration 50%
Candidates will demonstrate the following skill areas:
- problem solving
- presentation skills
- meeting skills
- participating in groups.
Collection of Work 50%
A collection of Work around the Organisation Profile to include the departments of an organisation and their functions identified clearly. An organisational chart clearly showing the relationships. The student is expected to discuss the external factors influencing the organisation and the type of structure the organisation is.
The students is expected to describe their own role within the organisation and what influences their role and what impact on others . The student is expected to identify their key skills both personally and work wise and also required to identify their own personal strengths and weaknesses accurately.
- Following successful completion you will receive a QQI Level 5 component Certificate in Personal Effectiveness (5N1390).
- QQI (Quality & Qualifications Ireland) is the national awarding body for further education and training in Ireland. The Open College is registered with QQI to offer programmes leading to QQI awards in the National Framework of Qualifications in Ireland. Click here for details of the National Framework of Qualifications.
- Click here for more detailed Accreditation information.
- All Registration & Certification Fees are included in the course price. No other fees to pay.
This Personal Effectiveness – QQI Level 5 (5N1390) course is completed through Distance Learning and there are no lectures to attend.
Students can complete this course within 8 weeks which is ample time and can start it at any time of the year that is convenient. If students need to extend this period for any reason during or near the end of the course they can request an extension through the college.