Business Law Course (QQI Level 5)
€329.00 — or €165.00 / month for 2 months
- Our online QQI Level 5 Business Law course proposes to give the student the knowledge, skill and competence in the principles and practices of business law and its impact on a range of business organisations.
- What QQI award do I receive? On successful completion of this module you will gain a QQI Level 5 component certificate in Business Law (5N2091).
- How is it delivered? Online Learning with flexible part-time study from your own home.
- How long is the Course? Students are given ample time (8 weeks) to complete the course and can start it at any time of the year.
- What does it cost? The full course fee is €329 and includes all documentation, lecturing, assessments, learner registration and QQI certification fees. No other enrolment fees to pay!
- There is also an Easy Payment option of – €165 per month over 2 months with our unrivaled Easy Payment Plans. Enrol using your Debit / Credit Card or call us on (+353) 1 206 1828 to avail of this offer
- Study from Home – No classes to attend.
This QQI Business Law course proposes to give the student the knowledge, skill and competence in the principles and practices of business law and its impact on a range of business organisations.
Who should complete this course?
- Students who wish to obtain a general understanding of Business Law principles and to enable them to appreciate the role of the law in their Business or work place environment.
- Business Owners looking to up skill their knowledge on all Business Law and Legislations.
- People who wish to gain a professional, internationally recognised qualification in Law by distance learning.
Learners who successfully complete this course will:
- gain a basic understanding of the Irish legal system
- gain an understanding of the impact of legislation on the business environment
- gain an introduction to principles of the law of contract
- gain an introduction to the principles of law relevant to a range of business practices (e.g. company law, consumer law, conveyancing)
- be familiar with the legal language, procedures and documents relevant to their vocational area
- develop skills in analysis and critical evaluation
- appreciate the importance of health and safety legislation within the workplace
- appreciate the importance of respecting confidentiality in all business communications and transactions.
Topics covered include:
The specific learning outcomes are grouped into 6 units.
Unit 1: The Irish Legal System and the Business Environment
Unit 2: Contract Law in Ireland
Unit 3: Company Law in Ireland
Unit 4: Consumer Law in Ireland
Unit 5: Consumer Credit in Ireland
Unit 6: Employment Law.
Entry Requirements / Prerequisites:
Leaving certificate, Level 4 certificate or equivalent in a relevant subject area (Business) and/or relevant practical experience (3 years minimum) – Please ask about our requirements surrounding Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) for entry.
Mature students (over 23 years) may be exempt from the above prerequisites.
English Language Requirement: Students entering programmes leading to awards at Level 5 are expected to be able to: be proficient at reading, drafting, preparing and understanding information across a broad range of topics, including quantitative information.
Learners undertaking this programme must have basic IT skills and access to the necessary equipment to enable them to undertake an online programme: computer, broadband, email, Microsoft, recording equipment necessary for some skills demonstration tasks, and where applicable any other specialised software/equipment.
As this programme is delivered through distance learning or eLearning, students must be capable of studying on their own initiative.
For more details on participation suitability of this course click here».
Progression to further Studies:
- This course leads to a level 6 award on the National Framework of Qualifications.
Students who successfully complete this programme may use this Level 6 credit towards a QQI Major award in any of the following areas:
5M1997 Office Administration
5M2468 Business Administration
5M3789 Legal Studies
5M2102 Business Studies.
Assignments x 2 – 60%
Examination (Theory) – 40%
The internal assessor has devised two briefs that require the candidates to produce pieces of work of a minimum of 1500 words each which will allow the candidate to demonstrate their understanding of the subject.
The internal assessor has devised an online theory-based examination that assesses candidates’ ability to recall and apply theory and understanding gained through lectures, self-directed study and homework style exercises completed by the candidates during the module.
The examination will be based on a range of specific learning outcomes. The selection of questions will be varied and will include a combination of case note questions and questions which require a critical analysis of a legislative enactment of part thereof. Exam duration – 2hrs.
- Following successful completion you will receive a QQI Level 5 component Certificate in Business Law (5N2091) from QQI.
- QQI (Quality & Qualifications Ireland) is the national awarding body for further education and training in Ireland. The Open College is registered with QQI to offer programmes leading to QQI awards in the National Framework of Qualifications in Ireland. Click here for details of the National Framework of Qualifications.
- Click here for more detailed Accreditation information.
This QQI Business Law 5N2091 course is completed through Distance Learning and there are no lectures to attend.
Students can complete this course within 8 weeks which is ample time and can start it at any time of the year that is convenient. If students need to extend this period for any reason during or near the end of the course they can request an extension through the college.