Personal & Professional Development – (QQI Level 6)
— or €159.00 / month for 2 months
- Award Achieved: QQI Level 6 component Certificate in Personal & Professional Development (6N1949).
- NFQ Credit Value: 15 credits.
- Format: Distance Learning course supported with fully qualified tutors & accredited by QQI.
- Course Fee: Special Offer price: Only – €314.00 or
- Easy Payments: Only €159 per month over 2 months with our unrivalled Easy Payment Plans. Enrol using your Debit / Credit Card or call us on (+353) 1 206 1828 to avail of this offer.
- Course fee includes all documentation, lecturing, assessments, learner registration and QQI certification fees. No other fees to pay!
- Students can complete this course within 8 weeks which is ample time and can start it at any time of the year that is convenient.
- Student work placement Insurance covered at no extra cost.
- No classes to attend.
The purpose of this QQI Personal & Professional Development award is to equip the learner with the knowledge, skill and competence to utilise a range of advanced personal and interpersonal skills in a variety of personal, civic and specific vocational contexts, operating autonomously and/or in a supervisory capacity.
The module presents you with key theory in relation to the specific topics. In addition, there are various activities for you to complete as you proceed through your study.
On successful completion of this module, the learner will be able to:
- Evaluate the principles and practice of personal development.
- Identify the personal qualities and skills needed for effective participation in a chosen job or organisation, to include opportunities for further personal development and associated action plans.
- Assess the role and practice of time management to include aids and strategies for good time management, the impact of poor time management and personal time management behaviour.
- Research the processes of problem-solving and decision making, to include different approaches, strategies to handle difficult problems, contingency plans, and methods of implementing and evaluating a solution.
- Analyse the uses of goals or objectives, to include their characteristics, the role of planning and prioritisation, a range of tools and strategies to assist with achieving personal, civic or vocational goals or objectives, and the role of review and evaluation.
- Evaluate how organisations manage change, to include information, communication and analysis of the forces behind change, motivating staff and other partners, and handling reactions to change.
- Determine strategies to resolve personal or interpersonal conflict, to include an understanding of different personalities and how they react to conflict, common causes of conflict and the role of assertiveness and co-operation in conflict resolution.
- Link goals or objectives to available budgets and financial plans, to include periodic review and adaptation of resources to plans.
- Delegate tasks to others, to include appropriate planning, identification of skills and strengths in others, review and management of any issues arising.
- Respond appropriately to feedback and constructive criticism on personal performance.
- Use strategies to recognise and cope with stress, setback and workplace pressure.
- Reflect on own personal and professional development to include goal or objective-setting, action planning, implementation, ongoing review, personal initiative.
This distance learning, QQI accredited course means that Students can study flexibly at home, or at any convenient place and time, and can gain an Internationally Recognised Qualification.
The specific learning outcomes are grouped into 4 units.
- Unit 1: The Principles and Practice of Personal and Professional Development
- Unit 2: Key Skills for Effective Work Participation
- Unit 3: The Process of Change
- Unit 4: Personal Reflection and CPD.
Entry Requirements / Prerequisites::
Level 5 certificate or equivalent in a relevant subject area (Business, Healthcare, Childcare etc.) and/or relevant practical experience (3 years minimum) – Please ask about our requirements surrounding Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) for entry.
Mature students (over 23 years) may be exempt from the above prerequisites.
Students must have access to a professional environment to fulfill the Skills Demonstration assessment requirements of the course – which is 30 hours minimum (approx. 6 hours per week) over the duration of the programme. You do not need to complete a separate work placement if you are either employed, or have to undertake a work placement for another module.
The skills demonstration part of the assessment must be observed by a Supervisor or Line manager.
English Language Requirement: Students entering programmes leading to awards at Level 6 are expected to be able to: fluently read, draft, prepare and understand complex information, including quantitative information, that is personally relevant and reflecting a broad knowledge base. For example, this might include text and other information relating to abstract theoretical ideas, concerns or procedures, such as local planning concerns in relation to broader spatial strategy, political issues in relation to particular agenda, budget plans/ specifications.
Learners undertaking this programme must have basic IT skills and access to the necessary equipment to enable them to undertake an online programme: computer, broadband, email, Microsoft, recording equipment necessary for some skills demonstration tasks, and where applicable any other specialised software/equipment.
- As this programme is delivered through distance learning or eLearning, students must be capable of studying on their own initiative.
For more details on participation suitability of this course click here».
This module is assessed by a Portfolio/Collection of Work and Skills Demonstration in which the learner will demonstrate their understanding and application of topics studied in the Personal and Professional Development module, and illustrate how these concepts can enhance and contribute to their own performance in the work place, to the management process of the organisation, and to the organisation in general.
Portfolio/Collection of Work 50%
In the Portfolio/Collection of Work, the learner will demonstrate their understanding and application of topics studied in the Personal and Professional Development module and illustrate how these concepts can enhance and contribute to their own performance in the work place, to the management process of the organisation and to the organisation in general.
The Portfolio/Collection of Work will comprise the following sections:
- Theoretical Understanding
- Organisational and Personal Application of knowledge
- Evaluation & Conclusion
- Relevant Research
Skills Demonstration 50%
In this Skills Demonstration, the learner will demonstrate their ability to plan, implement and evaluate a personal and professional programme for themselves.
The Skills Demonstration will take place in the learners work placement and will be evidenced through a personal account by the learner and the completion of a Placement Report by the placement manager/supervisor.
During the course of the work placement, the learner should demonstrate the following:
- Identification of the personal qualities & skills needed for effective participation in a chosen career and areas of further growth
- The practice of good time management
- The development of problem-solving and decision -making strategies
- Appraisal of own goals achieved and resources used
- Delegation of tasks to others showing appropriate planning, skills identification, review and management
- Critical reflection on personal feedback
- Personal reflection on current and future goals including actions plans and review.
Pass 50 – 64%
Merit 65 – 79%
Distinction 80 – 100%
- Following successful completion you will receive a QQI Level 6 Certificate in Personal & Professional Development (6N1949).
- QQI (Quality & Qualifications Ireland) is the national awarding body for further education and training in Ireland. The Open College is registered with QQI to offer programmes leading to QQI awards in the National Framework of Qualifications in Ireland. Click here for details of the National Framework of Qualifications.
- Click here for more detailed Accreditation information.
- All Registration & Certification Fees are included in the course price. No other fees to pay.
This Personal & Professional Development – QQI Level 6 (6N1949) course is completed through Distance Learning and there are no lectures to attend.
Students can complete this course within 8 weeks which is ample time and can start it at any time of the year that is convenient. If students need to extend this period for any reason during or near the end of the course they can request an extension through the college.