Adv. Business Management Major Award (QQI Lvl 6)
— or €125.00 / month for 10 months
- Our distance learning QQI Advanced Major Award in Management equips Managers including those new to Management with comprehensive skills in the management of people, resources and activities. The course is based around eight sought after and highly practical modules but you have a choice of 6 elective modules.
- What QQI award do I receive? On successful completion of this 8 module course you will gain a QQI Level 6 Advanced Major award certificate in Management – 6M4587.
- How is it delivered? Distance Learning with flexible part-time study from your own home.
- Is there a placement required? Yes, All participants must have access to a professional environment to fulfill the assessment requirements of the course – which is at least 30 hours work experience over the duration of the programme. This can be completed near the end of the programme if required.
- Do you cover insurance? Yes, we cover our Students work placement Insurance requirements and at no extra cost.
- How long is this Level 6 Business Major Award? Students are given ample time (15 months) to complete the course and can start it at any time of the year.
- What does it cost? The full course fee is €1,190 and includes all documentation, lecturing, assessments, learner registration and QQI certification fees for all the 8 modules. No other enrolment fees to pay!
- There are also Easy Payment options of – €125 per month over 10 months with our unrivaled Easy Payment Plans. Enrol using your Debit / Credit Card or call us on (+353) 1 206 1828 to avail of this offer.
- Garda Vetting (if required) is also provided at no extra cost.
Who should complete this course?
Our distance learning QQI Advanced Major Award in Management equips Managers including those new to Management with comprehensive skills in the management of people, resources and activities. The course is based around eight sought after and highly practical modules but you have a choice of 6 elective modules.
At The Open College we offer our students the chance to create the course that suits them by providing many options on elective modules as listed in the next section – Course Details. We are the market leaders in price, quality and in providing our students with detailed educational materials supported by tutors who are experts and fully qualified in their fields.
Students who successfully complete this Major Award can use this certificate as the basis for entry to selected courses in Third Level Colleges and Universities.
Some of the many benefits of studying with us on this course:
- Range: Excellent choice of modules to choose from.
- Pricing: Our Prices are the most competitive – Why Pay more for the same QQI Award!
- All student fees for this Major Award are fully secured and protected by a Bond.
- Interest Free Easy Payment Plan available with this course.
- Study at your own time and pace.
- No classes to attend.
- We only offer QQI awards thus ensuring high Quality and Standards.
- Over 12,000 students successfully certified in last number of years.
- Group Discounts Available: Enrol 2 + people together for €1,102 per learner (a further discount of 5% per person on the existing offer price).
Requirement in credit value for this Major Award is 120 Credits with 15 Credits per Module available.
Mandatory Modules (60 Credits):
- Business Management (6N4310) – Click here for details »
- Personal and Professional Development (6N1949) – Click here for details »
- Finance (6N4165)* – Click here for details »
- Customer Service (6N0697) – Click here for details »
Elective Options: A minimum of 4 components with credit value of 60 from the following components:
- Human Resources Management (6N3750)* – Click here for details »
- Supervisory Management (6N4329) – Click here for details »
- Business Planning (6N4105) – Click here for details »
- Conflict Management (6N2775) – Click here for details »
- Business Law (6N4045)* – Click here for details »
- Employment Law (6N4322)* – Click here for details »
- Marketing Communications (6N4370) – Click here for details »
* Students taking these modules will have to sit an online theory examination.
Entry Requirements / Prerequisites:
Level 5 Award or equivalent in a relevant subject area (Business or Management) and/or relevant practical experience (3 years minimum) – Please ask about our requirements surrounding Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) for entry.
Students must currently be working (or on work experience) in the Business sector for a minimum of 30 hours (see below), as assignments will require learners to draw upon practical experience.
As part of the assessment for the Personal & Professional Development module, learners are required to complete a skills demonstration. This skills demonstration can be carried out in the work placement or other appropriate professional work placement. You will not need to complete a separate work placement if you are either employed, or have to undertake a work placement for another module.
English Language Requirement: Students entering programmes leading to awards at Level 6 are expected to be able to: fluently read, draft, prepare and understand complex information, including quantitative information, that is personally relevant and reflecting a broad knowledge base. For example, this might include text and other information relating to abstract theoretical ideas, concerns or procedures, such as local planning concerns in relation to broader spatial strategy, political issues in relation to particular agenda, budget plans / specifications.
Certain assessments require completion of work, which must be observed and evaluated by a Supervisor or Line manager.
Learners undertaking this programme must have basic IT skills and access to the necessary equipment to enable them to undertake an online programme: computer, broadband, email, Microsoft, recording equipment necessary for some skills demonstration tasks, and where applicable any other specialised software/equipment.
As this programme is delivered through distance learning or eLearning, students must be capable of studying on their own initiative.
For more details on participation suitability of this course click here».
Progression to further Studies:
- This course leads to a level 6 award on the National Framework of Qualifications.
Students who successfully complete this programme may use their credits towards completing a higher level of study in the area of Business/Management.
- Students who successfully complete this Major Award can use the Certificate as the basis for entry into selected courses in Third Level Colleges and Universities.
- Click here to download a pdf version of – Progression from QQI Level 5 Certificates and Level 6 Advanced Certificates to Higher Education Courses.
- A combination of module appropriate assessment procedures will facilitate the assessment of learning outcomes of the course. These methods will include assessment processes such as assignments, collection of work, learner records, projects and skills demonstration. All assignments will be designed to maximize student skills in their career development. All work submitted must be your own work.
- As part of our quality assurance, student assessment work will be marked by an Internal Assessor, validated by a Verifier with an independent QQI External Authenticator to complete the process.
Protection for Learners on this Business Management Level 6 Major Award:
As a course provider our policy on the protection for learners is subject to Section 43 of the Qualifications Act. This means that if, for whatever reason, we cease to provide the programme that is over 3 months in duration which you enrolled for, we have specific and legally binding arrangements in place to finish out that programme for you at no extra cost. All course fees for programmes over 3 months in duration are fully protected and secured by a Bank Guarantee.
If we cease trading those learners who have not finished their programme will be fully protected by this Bank Guarantee which will be automatically triggered and the fund that covers all Fees paid by learners will be transferred to QQI by our Bank to enable QQI provide further study options for these learners or the refund of fees most recently paid so that they can complete their programme and all of this will be at no extra cost to the learners affected.
- Following successful completion you will receive a QQI Advanced Level 6 Major award in Management – 6M4587.
- QQI (Quality & Qualifications Ireland) is the national awarding body for further education and training in Ireland. The Open College is registered with QQI to offer programmes leading to QQI awards in the National Framework of Qualifications in Ireland. Click here for details of the National Framework of Qualifications.
- Click here for more detailed Accreditation information.
- All Registration & Certification Fees are included in the course price.
This Advanced Major certificate in Management – 6M4587 course is completed fully through online Learning and there are no lectures to attend.
Students can complete this course within 15 months which is ample time and can start it at any time of the year that is convenient. If students need to extend this period for any reason during or near the end of the course they can request an extension through the college.