Business Planning Course (QQI Level 6)
€359.00 — or €159.00 / month for 2 months
- Award Achieved: QQI Level 6 component Certificate in Business Planning (6N4105).
- NFQ Credit Value: 15 credits.
- Format: Distance Learning course supported with fully qualified tutors & accredited by QQI.
- Course Fee: Special Offer price: Only – €314.00 or
- Easy Payments: Only €159 per month over 2 months with our unrivalled Easy Payment Plans. First payment is taken upon enrolment and second / final payment a month later.
- Course fee includes all documentation, lecturing, assessments, learner registration and QQI certification fees. No other fees to pay!
- Students can complete this course within 8 weeks which is ample time and can start it at any time of the year that is convenient.
- No classes to attend.
This QQI Level 6 Business Planning distance learning course is designed to equip entrepreneurs with skills and knowledge to develop a comprehensive and soundly based business plan.
Students will learn how to:
- complete a market analysis,
- evaluate and develop a business idea,
- complete financial planning and analysis,
- develop a marketing plan and pricing strategy,
- develop customer service and quality standards, and
- write a professional business plan.
The course is designed for those who wish to write a business plan for a new business initiative and maybe wish to present this for funding. It would also be useful for those working in existing businesses who wish to develop their overall business planning skills or perhaps for those who wish to diversify and expand their business activities.
Topics covered include:
- Setting Up a New Business
- Choosing a Legal Entity
- Records and Legalities
- The Business Plan
- The Business Idea
- Customer Research
- Target Market Selection
- Competitor Analysis
- PEST Analysis
- SWOT Analysis
- Equipment and Suppliers
- Entrepreneurial Skills
- People Management Skills
- Organising Your Business
- Start-up Finance
- Capital Requirements
- Financial Statements
- Survival Budgets
- Applying for a loan
- Marketing plan
- Customer Service
- Quality Control
- How to Write a Business Plan
- Plan Template
- Support available for start-ups
Who should complete this course?
- Owners of new or growing businesses who wish to gain a formal accredited qualification in business planning.
- Those considering starting a new business, or those with a business idea who wish to determine its potential.
- People who wish to gain a professional, accredited qualification in the subject matter by distance learning.
Entry Requirements / Prerequisites:
Level 5 certificate or equivalent in a relevant subject area (Business) and/or relevant practical experience (3 years minimum) – Please ask about our requirements surrounding Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) for entry.
Mature students (over 23 years) may be exempt from the above prerequisites.
English Language Requirement: Students entering programmes leading to awards at Level 6 are expected to be able to: fluently read, draft, prepare and understand complex information, including quantitative information, that is personally relevant and reflecting a broad knowledge base. For example, this might include text and other information relating to abstract theoretical ideas, concerns or procedures, such as local planning concerns in relation to broader spatial strategy, political issues in relation to particular agenda, budget plans/ specifications.
Learners undertaking this programme must have basic IT skills and access to the necessary equipment to enable them to undertake an online programme: computer, broadband, email, Microsoft, recording equipment necessary for some skills demonstration tasks, and where applicable any other specialised software/equipment.
As this programme is delivered through distance learning or eLearning, students must be capable of studying on their own initiative.
For more details on participation suitability of this course click here».
Progression to further Studies:
- This course leads to a level 6 award on the National Framework of Qualifications.
- Students who successfully complete this programme may use this Level 6 credit towards the QQI Level 6 Advanced Major Award in Management (Ref. 6M4587).
Skills Demonstration 30%.
Candidates will be required to draw up a proposed business plan for a potential business (One in which you have nominated) using the appropriate structure, identifying quality control, marketing and customer service policies. Full requirements and marking schemes are listed in the assignment briefs you receive.
Learners will be required to demonstrate a range of communication skills by delivering a professional 30 minute business presentation, stating the objectives of the business and the chosen marketing strategy in place.
- Following successful completion you will receive a QQI Level 6 component Certificate in Business Planning (6N4105).
- QQI (Quality & Qualifications Ireland) is the national awarding body for further education and training in Ireland. The Open College is registered with QQI to offer programmes leading to QQI awards in the National Framework of Qualifications in Ireland. Click here for details of the National Framework of Qualifications.
- Click here for more detailed Accreditation information.
- All Registration & Certification Fees are included in the course price. No other fees to pay.
This QQI Business Planning 6N4105 course is completed through Distance Learning and there are no lectures to attend.
Students can complete this course within 8 weeks which is ample time and can start it at any time of the year that is convenient. If students need to extend this period for any reason during or near the end of the course they can request an extension through the college.