Health and Safety at Work Course (QQI Level 5)
— or €149.00 / month for 2 months
- Our online QQI Level 5 Health & Safety at Work module aims to equip the learner with the knowledge, skill and competence to promote and maintain safety and health in a work environment.
- What QQI award do I receive? On successful completion of this module you will gain a QQI Level 5 component Certificate in Health and Safety at Work (5N1794).
- NFQ Credit Value: 15 Credits.
- How is it delivered? Online Learning with flexible part-time study from your own home.
- How long is the Course? Students are given ample time (8 weeks) to complete the course and can start it at any time of the year.
- What does it cost? The full course fee is €295 and includes all documentation, lecturing, assessments, learner registration and QQI certification fees. No other enrolment fees to pay!
- There is also an Easy Payment option of – €149 per month over 2 months with our unrivaled Easy Payment Plans. Enrol using your Debit / Credit Card or call us on (+353) 1 206 1828 to avail of this offer
- Study from Home – No classes to attend.
This QQI Level 5 Health & Safety at Work module aims to equip the learner with the knowledge, skill and competence to promote and maintain safety and health in a work environment.
- The learner will be supported in achieving an awareness of safety and health issues in the workplace.
- The tutor will assist the learner in becoming familiar with the responsibilities and duties of the employer and employee with regard to health and safety.
- The learner will be facilitated in developing skills in identifying hazards and carry out risk assessments and will be supported in identifying the relevant national legislation and statutory bodies.
Topics covered include:
- Risk Assessments
- Chemical Control Strategies
- Machine Hazards
- Manual Handling
- Health Promotion
- Emergency Planning
- Fire-Related issues
- Safety signs
- First Aid Kit
- Infection Control.
Entry Requirements / Prerequisites:
Leaving certificate, Level 4 certificate or equivalent in a relevant subject area (Sports, Healthcare, Childcare) and/or relevant practical experience (3 years minimum) – Please ask about our requirements surrounding Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) for entry.
Mature students (over 23 years) may be exempt from the above prerequisites.
English Language Requirement: Students entering programmes leading to awards at Level 5 are expected to be able to: be proficient at reading, drafting, preparing and understanding information across a broad range of topics, including quantitative information.
Learners undertaking this programme must have basic IT skills and access to the necessary equipment to enable them to undertake an online programme: computer, broadband, email, Microsoft, recording equipment necessary for some skills demonstration tasks, and where applicable any other specialised software/equipment.
As this programme is delivered through eLearning, students must be capable of studying on their own initiative.
For more details on participation suitability of this course click here».
- This course is assessed through a combination of an assignment and online exam based.
- As part of our quality assurance, student assessment work will be marked by an Internal Assessor, validated by a Verifier with an independent QQI External Authenticator to complete the process.
- Following successful completion you will receive a QQI level 5 component Certificate in Health and Safety at Work (5N1794).
- QQI (Quality & Qualifications Ireland) is the national awarding body for further education and training in Ireland. The Open College is registered with QQI to offer programmes leading to QQI awards in the National Framework of Qualifications in Ireland. Click here for details of the National Framework of Qualifications.
- Click here for more detailed Accreditation information.
- All Registration & Certification Fees are included in the course price. No other fees to pay.
This Health and Safety at Work 5N1794 course is completed through Online Learning and there are no lectures to attend.
Students can complete this course within 8 weeks which is ample time and can start it at any time of the year that is convenient. If students need to extend this period for any reason during or near the end of the course they can request an extension through the college.