Business Management Course (QQI Level 6)
€359.00 — or €159.00 / month for 2 months
- Award: QQI Level 6 component Certificate in Business Management (6N4310).
- NFQ Credit Value: 15 Credits.
- Format: Distance Learning course supported with fully qualified tutors & accredited by QQI.
- Course Fee: Special Offer price: Only – €314.00 or
- Easy Payments: Only €159 per month over 2 months with our unrivalled Easy Payment Plans. First payment is taken upon enrolment and second / final payment a month later.
- Course fee includes all documentation, lecturing, assessments, learner registration and QQI certification fees. No other fees to pay!
- Students can complete this course within 8 weeks which is ample time and can start it at any time of the year that is convenient. If students need to extend this period for any reason during or near the end of the course they can request an extension through the college.
- No classes to attend.
In this QQI Level 6 Business Management distance learning course the learner will learn about a range of organisations from Sole Traders, Private and Public organisations, Partnerships and Co-Operatives, they will also learn about their mission statements, visions, their objectives and structures.
They will learn how to conduct a SWOT analysis in a organisation, in other words looking at the strengths, weaknesses, threats and opportunities that face an organisation and the student will also learn about external factors that impact upon an organisation by conducting a PEST analysis.
They will be taught how organisations manage and adopt to change and will also learn about the role of management in terms of planning, controlling, measuring performance within an organisation and learn about the different leadership styles and their impact on both groups and individuals in the organisation and about the Human Resources function and the key role it plays within an organisation in terms of selection, appraising employees, managing and resolving conflict with an organisation.
This distance learning, QQI accredited course means that Students can study flexibly at home, or at any convenient place and time, and can gain a nationally accredited Qualification. The course is designed for those working in Large Companies, SMEs or the Public Sector.
Topics covered include:
- Types of Organisation
- Organisation Structure
- Organisation Strategy
- SWOT Analysis
- Micro Environment
- Macro Environment (PEST)
- The Manager’s Role
- Managing People
- Managing Information
- Managing Finance
- Motivating Staff
- Recruiting Staff
- Interviewing Skills
- Appraising Staff
- Managing Conflict
- Training & Development
- Report Writing
- Time Management
- Project Management
- e-mail & the Internet
Who should complete this course?
- Existing Managers and Supervisors who wish to gain a formal accredited qualification.
- Newly appointed Managers and Supervisors who wish to learn how to manage people and teams.
- Managers in business who have to make direct reports and wish to learn best-practice techniques for managing people.
- People who wish to gain a professional, accredited qualification in the subject matter through distance learning.
Entry Requirements / Prerequisites:
Level 5 certificate or equivalent in a relevant subject area (Business) and/or relevant practical experience (3 years minimum) – Please ask about our requirements surrounding Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) for entry.
Mature students (over 23 years) may be exempt from the above prerequisites.
English Language Requirement: Students entering programmes leading to awards at Level 6 are expected to be able to: fluently read, draft, prepare and understand complex information, including quantitative information, that is personally relevant and reflecting a broad knowledge base. For example, this might include text and other information relating to abstract theoretical ideas, concerns or procedures, such as local planning concerns in relation to broader spatial strategy, political issues in relation to particular agenda, budget plans/ specifications.
Learners undertaking this programme must have basic IT skills and access to the necessary equipment to enable them to undertake an online programme: computer, broadband, email, Microsoft, recording equipment necessary for some skills demonstration tasks, and where applicable any other specialised software/equipment.
As this programme is delivered through distance learning or eLearning, students must be capable of studying on their own initiative.
For more details on participation suitability of this course click here».
Progression to further Studies:
- This course leads to a level 6 award on the National Framework of Qualifications.
- Students who successfully complete this programme may use this Level 6 credit towards the FETAC Advanced Major Award in Management (Ref. 6M4587).
This course is assessed through a number of assignments which students must complete to demonstrate their understanding of various topics.
Assignments (2) 40%
Assignment 1: The brief for the first assignment will require the student to produce an assignment on an organisation that the student is familiar with. It will include a detailed description of the organisation and the key functions of the business along with an organisational chart while also preparing a comprehensive SWOT and PEST analysis on the same organisational.
Assignment 2: The brief for the second assignment will require the student to demonstrate a good understanding of Human Resources in an organisation that they are familiar by preparing a comprehensive evaluation of a chosen area within Human Resources. Demonstrate an appropriate application of Behavioural Theories in the student’s evaluation topic and draw relevant conclusions and recommendations from findings.
Project 50%: The project brief will require the student to identify and prepare and document a comprehensive evaluation of a management process.
They must also prepare a detailed description of a management system for implementation. The implementation of the system should also be discussed and evaluated . The management skills associated with the project should be identified and the student should also list what they see to be the key management changes in any project . A list of both conclusions and recommendations will be presented.
- Following successful completion you will receive a QQI Level 6 component Certificate in Business Management (6N4310).
- QQI (Quality & Qualifications Ireland) is the national awarding body for further education and training in Ireland. The Open College is registered with QQI to offer programmes leading to QQI awards in the National Framework of Qualifications in Ireland. Click here for details of the National Framework of Qualifications.
- Click here for more detailed Accreditation information.
- All Registration & Certification Fees are included in the course price. No other fees to pay.
This QQI Business Management 6N4310 course is completed through Distance Learning and there are no lectures to attend.
Students can complete this course within 8 weeks which is ample time and can start it at any time of the year that is convenient. If students need to extend this period for any reason during or near the end of the course they can request an extension through the college.