Event Management Course (QQI Level 6)
€345.00 — or €159.00 / month for 2 months
- Award Achieved: QQI Level 6 component Certificate in Event Management (6N4800).
- NFQ Credit Value: 15 credits.
- Format: Distance Learning course supported with fully qualified tutors & accredited by QQI.
- Course Fee: Special Offer price: Only – €314.00 or
- Easy Payments: Only €159 per month over 2 months with our unrivalled Easy Payment Plans. Enrol using your Debit / Credit Card or call us on (+353) 1 206 1828 to avail of this offer.
- Course fee includes all documentation, lecturing, assessments, learner registration and QQI certification fees. No other fees to pay!
- Students can complete this course within 8 weeks which is ample time and can start it at any time of the year that is convenient.
- No classes to attend.
This QQI Level 6 Event Management course is delivered by distance learning is designed to equip candidates with comprehensive event planning and management skills.
Students will learn how to:
- develop event proposals for clients,
- develop innovative event concepts,
- conduct feasibility analysis for events,
- lead teams during events,
- manage suppliers and service providers,
- develop event plans, work breakdown and event schedule,
- develop quality management and risk plans, and
- develop skills for staging events.
The course is designed for those working in Event Management companies, Large Companies, SMEs, Public Sector or community and voluntary sectors. The course covers all categories of events including Business Events, Exhibitions, Conferences, Festivals, Charity Events, Entertainment Events, Sports Events, and Private Social Events (e.g. weddings, parties).
This distance learning, QQI accredited course means that Students can study flexibly at home, or at any convenient place and time, and can gain a nationally accredited Qualification.
Students receive a comprehensive Course Manual, Assignments, Efficient Studyguide, and unlimited one-to-one Tutor Support for the course duration.
Topics covered include:
- Introduction to Event Management
- Event Management Industry
- Types of Event
- Trends in Events
- Event Marketing
- The Event Proposal
- Identifying Client Needs
- Concept Development
- The Event Proposal Document
- Team Building
- Organisation Structures
- Motivating and Developing
- Reviewing Progress
- Managing Suppliers
- Employment Legislation and Contracts
- The Event Plan
- Work Breakdown Structure
- Scheduling Effort
- Event Schedules
- Managing Resources and Scope
- Quality Assurance
- Risk Management
- Monitoring and Documenting
- Legal Issues
- The ‘Build-up’
- The ‘Load-in’
- The ‘Show’
- The ‘Shutdown’
- Post-Event Evaluation.
Who should complete this course?
- Professional Event Planners and those who wish to become event planners
- Conference Organisers
- Party and Wedding planners
- Business Event organisers
- Marketing professionals who are involved in planning Events
- Public Relations professionals
- Those involved in organising Sports and Charity events.
- One of the assessments requires candidates to evaluate: (1) an event which they have been involved in, or (2) a local event where they can consult with the organisers.
Entry Requirements / Prerequisites:
Level 5 or equivalent in a relevant subject area and/or relevant practical experience (3 years minimum) – Please ask about our requirements surrounding Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) for entry.
English Language Requirement: Students entering programmes leading to awards at Level 6 are expected to be able to: fluently read, draft, prepare and understand complex information, including quantitative information, that is personally relevant and reflecting a broad knowledge base. For example, this might include text and other information relating to abstract theoretical ideas, concerns or procedures, such as local planning concerns in relation to broader spatial strategy, political issues in relation to particular agenda, budget plans/ specifications.
Learners undertaking this programme must have basic IT skills and access to the necessary equipment to enable them to undertake an online programme: computer, broadband, email, Microsoft, recording equipment necessary for some skills demonstration tasks, and where applicable any other specialised software/equipment.
As this programme is delivered through distance learning or eLearning, students must be capable of studying on their own initiative.
For more details on participation suitability of this course click here».
Progression to further Studies:
- This course leads to a level 6 award on the National Framework of Qualifications.
- Students who successfully complete this programme may use this Level 6 credit towards the QQI Advanced Major Award in Management (Ref. 6M4587).
- This course is assessed through assignments, a Project (which entails developing an Event Proposal) and a Post Event Evaluation.
- All work submitted must be your own work. There is no exam with this course.
- As part of our quality assurance, student assessment work will be marked by an Internal Assessor, validated by a Verifier with an independent QQI External Authenticator to complete the process. Click here for more information.
- Following successful completion you will receive a QQI Level 6 component Certificate in Event Management (6N4800) from QQI.
- QQI (Quality & Qualifications Ireland) is the national awarding body for further education and training in Ireland. The Open College is registered with QQI to offer programmes leading to QQI awards in the National Framework of Qualifications in Ireland. Click here for details of the National Framework of Qualifications.
- Click here for more detailed Accreditation information.
- All Registration & Certification Fees are included in the course price. No other fees to pay.
This Event Management (QQI Level 6) 6N4800 course is completed through Distance Learning and there are no lectures to attend.
Students can complete this course within 8 weeks which is ample time and can start it at any time of the year that is convenient. If students need to extend this period for any reason during or near the end of the course they can request an extension through the college.