Care Provision and Practice Course (QQI Level 5)
— or €149.00 / month for 2 months
- Award Achieved: QQI Level 5 component Certificate in Care Provision and Practice (5N2705).
- NFQ Credit Value: 15 credits.
- Format: Online eLearning course supported with fully qualified tutors & accredited by QQI.
- Course Fee: Special Offer price: Only – €295.00 or
- Easy Payments: Only €149 per month over 2 months with our unrivalled Easy Payment Plans. Enrol using your Debit / Credit Card or call us on (+353) 1 206 1828 to avail of this offer.
- Course fee includes all documentation, lecturing, assessments, learner registration and QQI certification fees. No other fees to pay!
- Students can complete this course within 8 weeks which is ample time and can start it at any time of the year that is convenient.
- No classes to attend.
Who should complete this course?
This online learning Care Provision & Practice programme is open to individuals with an interest in caring for older people, but it is of particular relevance to carers working with or planning to work with clients in the community. This is an area of considerable growth in employment, whether in care centres or in the client’s own home. Family members caring for elderly relatives will also benefit from this programme.
Learners who successfully complete this programme will:
- understand the needs of groups requiring care
- understand the roles and responsibilities of the care worker
- develop personal and interpersonal qualities essential to the care of client groups
- acquire practical skills for work in caring environments
- be aware of statutory and voluntary care provision
- evaluate their work in care settings and make plans for future self development.
This online learning, QQI accredited course means that Students can study flexibly at home, or at any convenient place and time, and can gain a nationally accredited Qualification.
Students receive a comprehensive Course Manual, Assignments, Efficient Studyguide, and unlimited one-to-one Tutor Support for the course duration.
Topics covered include:
- Care Provision
- The Care Worker
- Care Practice.
Entry Requirements / Prerequisites:
- Leaving certificate, Level 4 certificate or equivalent in a relevant subject area (Healthcare) and/or relevant practical experience (3 years minimum) – Please ask about our requirements surrounding Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) for entry.
Mature students (over 23 years) may be exempt from the above prerequisites.
Students must be working or on work experience in the Healthcare Sector (6-8 hours per week or 30 hours in total) throughout their course as assignments will require students to draw upon practical experience.
English Language Requirement: Students entering programmes leading to awards at Level 5 are expected to be able to: be proficient at reading, drafting, preparing and understanding information across a broad range of topics, including quantitative information.
Learners undertaking this programme must have basic IT skills and access to the necessary equipment to enable them to undertake an online programme: computer, broadband, email, Microsoft, recording equipment necessary for some skills demonstration tasks, and where applicable any other specialised software/equipment.
As this programme is delivered through distance learning or eLearning, students must be capable of studying on their own initiative.
For more details on participation suitability of this course click here».
Assignments (2) 60%
Skills Demonstration 40%
The internal assessor will devise two briefs that require candidates to produce evidence that demonstrates an understanding and application of a range of specific learning outcomes.
In one or more skills demonstrations, candidates will be observed carrying out one specific planned task/activity in the workplace, for example, a wheelchair outing to the shops, an organized event for the client group.
- Following successful completion you will receive a QQI Level 5 component Certificate in Care Provision and Practice (5N2705).
- QQI (Quality & Qualifications Ireland) is the national awarding body for further education and training in Ireland. The Open College is registered with QQI to offer programmes leading to QQI awards in the National Framework of Qualifications in Ireland. Click here for details of the National Framework of Qualifications.
- Click here for more detailed Accreditation information.
- All Registration & Certification Fees are included in the course price. No other fees to pay.
This QQI Care Provision and Practice 5N2705 course is completed through Distance Learning and there are no lectures to attend.
Students can complete this course within 8 weeks which is ample time and can start it at any time of the year that is convenient. If students need to extend this period for any reason during or near the end of the course they can request an extension through the college.