Care Support Course (QQI Level 5)
— or €130.00 / month for 2 months
- Award Achieved: QQI Level 5 component Certificate in Care Support (5N0758).
- NFQ Credit Value: 15 credits.
- Format: Online eLearning course supported with fully qualified tutors & accredited by QQI.
- Course Fee: Only – €259.00 or
- Easy Payments: Only €130 per month over 2 months with our unrivalled Easy Payment Plans. Enrol using your Debit / Credit Card or call us on (+353) 1 206 1828 to avail of this offer.
- Course fee includes all documentation, lecturing, assessments, learner registration and QQI certification fees. No other hidden accreditation or certification fees to pay!
- Students can complete this course within 8 weeks which is ample time and can start it at any time of the year that is convenient.
- No classes to attend.
Learners who successfully complete this course will:
- understand the responsibilities and entitlements of a care worker.
- recognise the need for continuing development in care work, drawing on personal reflection and experience.
- promote good practice and respect for diversity in the care setting.
- understand the importance of working effectively as part of a team.
- communicate and deal with people in ways that are consistent with the role of a carer.
This online elearning, QQI (formerly FETAC) accredited course means that Students can study flexibly at home, or at any convenient place and time, and can gain a nationally accredited Qualification.
Students receive a comprehensive Course Manual, Assignments, Efficient Studyguide, and unlimited one-to-one Tutor Support for the course duration.
Topics covered include:
- Unit 1: Relating to the Client
- Unit 2: Reflection and Development
- Unit 3: Working with Others
- Unit 4: Working in Care.
Entry Requirements / Prerequisites:
Leaving certificate, Level 4 certificate or equivalent in a relevant subject area (Healthcare) and/or relevant practical experience (3 years minimum) – Please ask about our requirements surrounding Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) for entry.
Mature students (over 23 years) may be exempt from the above prerequisites.
Students must be working or on work experience in the Healthcare Sector (6-8 hours per week or 30 hours in total) throughout their course as assignments will require students to draw upon practical experience.
English Language Requirement: Students entering programmes leading to awards at Level 5 are expected to be able to: be proficient at reading, drafting, preparing and understanding information across a broad range of topics, including quantitative information.
Learners undertaking this programme must have basic IT skills and access to the necessary equipment to enable them to undertake an online programme: computer, broadband, email, Microsoft, recording equipment necessary for some skills demonstration tasks, and where applicable any other specialised software/equipment.
As this programme is delivered through distance learning or eLearning, students must be capable of studying on their own initiative.
For more details on participation suitability of this course click here».
Learner Record 70%
A personal learner record will be compiled by candidates. It will include a selection of evidence arising from candidates’ work and interaction with others in healthcare support. The learner record may include items such as:
- reflection on relationships with clients, relatives, members of the health care team
- reflection on interpersonal issues that arise in care work, such as recognising diversity and individuality in clients, families and co-workers
- reflection on the candidate’s personal effectiveness as a care worker and personal strengths and weaknesses
- observations on the experience of receiving guidance and direction, and giving and receiving feedback
- evidence of appropriate reporting/record keeping
- notes on procedures for safeguarding privacy and dignity of clients and caring for clients’ property
- notes on the structures of the health service (including personnel on the various health care teams).
The internal assessor will devise a brief that requires candidates to produce a practical activity in the workplace. The assignment may be assessed by a workplace assessor or an internal assessor working in consultation with a workplace supervisor.
The activity should be planned, carried out and evaluated by the candidate, and may for example take the form of an outing or social event for client(s).
Evidence should include a description of:
- how the activity was planned, including consultation and/or decision making by the client(s)
- the resources used
- use of teamwork and/or other personnel involved
- verbal and non-verbal communication that took place
- an evaluation of the impact of the activity for the client(s).
- Following successful completion you will receive a QQI Level 5 component Certificate in Care Support (5N0758).
- QQI (Quality & Qualifications Ireland) is the national awarding body for further education and training in Ireland. The Open College is registered with QQI to offer programmes leading to QQI awards in the National Framework of Qualifications in Ireland. Click here for details of the National Framework of Qualifications.
- Click here for more detailed Accreditation information.
- All Registration & Certification Fees are included in the course price. No other fees to pay.
This Care Support QQI Level 5 (5N0758) course is completed through Online Learning and there are no lectures to attend.
Students can complete this course within 8 weeks which is ample time and can start it at any time of the year that is convenient. If students need to extend this period for any reason during or near the end of the course they can request an extension through the college.