Care Skills Course (QQI Level 5)
€345.00 — or €124.00 / month for 2 months
- Award Achieved: QQI Level 5 component Certificate in Care Skills (5N2770).
- NFQ Credit Value: 15 credits.
- Format: Online eLearning course supported with fully qualified tutors & accredited by QQI.
- Course Fee: Only – €245.00 or
- Easy Payments: Only €124.00 per month over 2 months with our unrivalled Easy Payment Plans. Enrol using your Debit / Credit Card or call us on (+353) 1 206 1828 to avail of this offer.
- Course fee includes all documentation, lecturing, assessments, learner registration and QQI certification fees. No other fees to pay!
- Students can complete this course within 8 weeks which is ample time and can start it at any time of the year that is convenient.
- Garda Vetting Provided.
- No classes to attend.
Learners who successfully complete this course will:
- recognise the personal care needs of clients
- respond effectively to clients’ individual needs, with their involvement and use of choice
- acquire practical skills in the area of client personal care
- maintain a safe, healthy and hygienic environment for clients.
This online elearning, QQI accredited course means that Students can study flexibly at home, or at any convenient place and time, and can gain a nationally accredited Qualification.
Students receive a comprehensive Course Manual, Assignments, Efficient Studyguide, and unlimited one-to-one Tutor Support for the course duration.
Topics covered include:
- Understanding Client Care
- Using Equipment
- Assisting Skills.
Entry Requirements / Prerequisites:
Leaving certificate, Level 4 certificate or equivalent in a relevant subject area (Healthcare) and/or relevant practical experience (3 years minimum) – Please ask about our requirements surrounding Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) for entry.
Mature students (over 23 years) may be exempt from the above prerequisites.
English Language Requirement: Students entering programmes leading to awards at Level 5 are expected to be able to: be proficient at reading, drafting, preparing and understanding information across a broad range of topics, including quantitative information.
Learners undertaking this programme must have basic IT skills and access to the necessary equipment to enable them to undertake an online programme: computer, broadband, email, Microsoft, recording equipment necessary for some skills demonstration tasks, and where applicable any other specialised software/equipment.
As this programme is delivered through distance learning or eLearning, students must be capable of studying on their own initiative.
For more details on participation suitability of this course click here».
Skills Demonstration 60%
Assignments (2) 40%
In one or more skills demonstrations, candidates will be assessed in a broad range of practical skills. Candidates will be assessed completing a minimum of three practical tasks, with reference to the following elements:
- Preparation and Implementation
- Health and Safety Provision.
To demonstrate these skills learners, if not working in this area, will need to have access to independent verifiable working experience of not less than 30 hours.
- The internal assessor will devise two briefs that require candidates to produce evidence demonstrating an understanding and application of a range of specific learning outcomes. Each assignment should focus on an aspect of client care, during the minimum period of work experience in a health care setting.
- Following successful completion you will receive a QQI Level 5 component Certificate in Care Skills (5N2770).
- QQI (Quality & Qualifications Ireland) is the national awarding body for further education and training in Ireland. The Open College is registered with QQI to offer programmes leading to QQI awards in the National Framework of Qualifications in Ireland. Click here for details of the National Framework of Qualifications.
- Click here for more detailed Accreditation information.
- All Registration & Certification Fees are included in the course price. No other fees to pay.
This QQI Care Skills 5N2770 course is completed through Online Learning and there are no lectures to attend.
Students can complete this course within 8 weeks which is ample time and can start it at any time of the year that is convenient. If students need to extend this period for any reason during or near the end of the course they can request an extension through the college.